Apple's first HomePod ads urge customers to 'order now'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 113
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    I have just viewed all four ads. Apple should be ashamed, they are the worst ads l have seen by them.

The ads seem to be trying to use an old advertising trick of flashing words quickly to embed them subconsciously in the views’ minds. This Is not allowed  for TV adverts in my country.  

If this is the best Apple can do l think it says something about Apple’s low priority to the HomePod. Sorry Apple but this has created the wrong feelings in my mind about the HomePod. 
    zroger73williamlondonfotoformatSpamSandwich
  • Reply 22 of 113
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    dachar said:
    I have just viewed all four ads. Apple should be ashamed, they are the worst ads l have seen by them.

The ads seem to be trying to use an old advertising trick of flashing words quickly to embed them subconsciously in the views’ minds. This Is not allowed  for TV adverts in my country.  

If this is the best Apple can do l think it says something about Apple’s low priority to the HomePod. Sorry Apple but this has created the wrong feelings in my mind about the HomePod. 
    Seriously? Each ad starts off with the word HomePod clearly displayed on the screen. There's nothing subliminal about it.
    StrangeDaysbloggerblog2old4fun
  • Reply 23 of 113
    Does anyone at Apple know what good music is?
    zroger73
  • Reply 24 of 113
    It seems at launch this is basically going to be a Bluetooth speaker
    williamlondon
  • Reply 25 of 113
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Worst ads Apple ever created.
    edited January 2018 zroger73
  • Reply 26 of 113
    noelosnoelos Posts: 127member
    brakken said:
    Terrible ads. 
    Show us what they hell they are for!!
    They’re for playing music. 
    StrangeDaysbloggerblog
  • Reply 27 of 113
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member

Is the Homepod overpriced when headphones sell for $300? doubtful....
    bloggerblogallmypeoplechristophb
  • Reply 28 of 113
    noelosnoelos Posts: 127member
    Priced much higher than competing speakers, Apple is pushing hard to differentiate HomePod“.

Depends on what you consider “competing speakers” to be. 
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 29 of 113
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Soli said:
    dachar said:

Seriously? Each ad starts off with the word HomePod clearly displayed on the screen. There's nothing subliminal about it.
    Thank you for your reply Soli.

It’s not so much the way HomePod is flashed on on off in various ways, although that is part of it, it’s the other message. If you missed it at the end, it’s  ‘Order now “. This is a method  which l would have not expected from Apple. If it does not bother you that’s fine, but for me it gives totally the wrong impression and puts me off. Apple can and have done better. 
    supadav03
  • Reply 30 of 113
    Not very impressive commercials. 
    Not a very impressive comment.
    williamlondonpolymniaStrangeDaysfastasleeproundaboutnow
  • Reply 31 of 113
    techrulestechrules Posts: 53unconfirmed, member
    These are terrible ads, IMO. Apple needs to show the HomePod is going to be smart. Do an ad like the Google Home or the Amazon Echo. This just screams that it is not smart, IMO.
    zroger73
  • Reply 32 of 113
    eightzero said:
    I wonder if Angie will put sound rooms in Apple Stores? Because having one of these sitting out on a shelf in a crowded store isn't going to help them sell.

I remember stereo stores where all the components could be compared. Select a set of components in a separate room from a huge stack. Guess those days are gone. 

Anyone know if these have like a 30-90 days money back promise? Take it home and see if it is worth the $350, and if not, get a refund?

I was initially thinking we'd eventually see bundles or Apple throwing in a free AM subscription. But Apple will never admit a failure, so this seems unlikely.
    Some of the newer generation stores do have these livingroom-like spaces

• Reply 33 of 113
    I really want the HomePod and I will eventually get one but the $350 price tag has me delaying my purchase. That’s a substantial amount of money for an item I likely won’t use every day (although I expect I may eventually). Sonos coming pretty hard with a great offer to counter the release of the HomePod. 2 Sonos One speakers with built in Alexa for a total of $350. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 34 of 113
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    jakeb said:
    Tricky to show off good sound capabilities when people are watching the commercial on a device with lesser sound capabilities. But I think they did a good job and at least put the focus on sound, not siri
    A year ago DED came out with this article: 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/01/07/is-apple-getting-siri-ous-in-the-face-of-amazons-alexa-echo

which gave me the expectation at Apple was going to come out with a product to blow away the Echo and Alexa.
    Right now it doesn't really sound like Apple is even trying to compete against Alexa which along with the Google Assistant seems to be expanding and pulling ahead of SIRI in AI products.

I really get the impression that Apple didn't want to make this product so its emphasis on Music.

I worry that Apple should have thrown much more resources into SIRI by this point and it should be much better.   I would say that they should have a SIRI development center with 5,000 -10,000 people working on it     

Besides AirPlay 2 Apple needs to make the whole iOS family multi-user including tvOS and iOS for iPadPro in order to support family members on the HomePod via voice recognition as Google already does.
    feudalistpatchythepirate
  • Reply 35 of 113
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    seankill said:
    Not sure why this thing is worth $350

Better speakers out there for much less and Siri really isn’t that useful. 
    This should give you a idea why;

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/7t51a2/nda_is_up_what_can_i_tell_you_guys_about_the/
    I agree with the author about what he said about wanting a HomePodPlus.  I wish I knew whether this would be the start of a whole family of apple audio products including soundBar, a bigger HomePod plus, and a way to connect external sources and speakers similar to SONOS.    I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that HomePod is a one-off product that will slowly get updates every few years similar to how apple TV always seems behind.   Apple seems stretched to the limit now.   Once air Play 2 and stereo support is out Apple will pivot to playing catchup on other products and ignore this.    

Yes Apple will continue to make insane profits on insanely great profit margins.
    dachar
  • Reply 36 of 113
    NY1822 said:

Is the Homepod overpriced when headphones sell for $300? doubtful....
    Flawless logic for everyone living in a studio apartment!
  • Reply 37 of 113
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    It certainly isn't Prince...
  • Reply 38 of 113
    kkqd1337 said:
    It seems at launch this is basically going to be a Bluetooth speaker
    dumb comment 
  • Reply 39 of 113
    macxpress said:
    It certainly isn't Prince...
    So I take that as a no then.  ;)
    macxpress
  • Reply 40 of 113
    According to Rene Ritchie, the audio beamforming in the HomePod can only be found in competing audio products that cost in the neighborhood of $25,000.

THAT is part of the story they’re missing completely in these ads.
    MacProcornchipchristophb