Apple Music poised to overtake Spotify in US, possibly this summer

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    michelb76 said:
    badmonk said:
    Apple has time.  Apple will wait.  Apple has the integration that counts, the iPhone.
    They very well need that time to make it as useful as Spotify. Apple Music is everything but smart. After 3 months it still hasn't figured out what I want to listen to. Spotify's 'Discover weekly' and 'daily mix' are lightyears ahead it's not even funny. Same for integrations, but I guess that's not what Apple wants. It would be nice if Spotify made a native client for the mac, but other than that I think Apple has some catching up to do.
    For you maybe. My experience is AM is almost supernaturally good at understanding what music I like and creating stations and lists for me (here in the U.K. so not US centric). Either way, neither of us can take our experiences and extrapolate it to a result of AM is great or shite. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 22 of 27
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    michelb76 said:
    badmonk said:
    Apple has time.  Apple will wait.  Apple has the integration that counts, the iPhone.
    They very well need that time to make it as useful as Spotify. Apple Music is everything but smart. After 3 months it still hasn't figured out what I want to listen to. Spotify's 'Discover weekly' and 'daily mix' are lightyears ahead it's not even funny. Same for integrations, but I guess that's not what Apple wants. It would be nice if Spotify made a native client for the mac, but other than that I think Apple has some catching up to do.
    For you maybe. My experience is AM is almost supernaturally good at understanding what music I like and creating stations and lists for me (here in the U.K. so not US centric). Either way, neither of us can take our experiences and extrapolate it to a result of AM is great or shite. 
    I found it takes time for the recommendations to work really well. Something to think about is the "it" you mention. Spotify is an "it" or they use an algorithm to deliver results to you. Where Apple music is human curated. I too have had a VERY solid experience over the last year using Apple music. I love what is recommended, and found that once we started to follow some friends it got even better.  Apple Music is not Spotify that's very obvious. Stop looking for it to be Spotify and let it be what it is.  As I am typing I hit the "For You" tab and the Artist Spotlight is Prince:Love songs ( heartbreaking soul and fist-raising rock). Apple music pays attention to what I play for sure.. B)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    I remember not long ago people were mocking the prospects of Apple Music, and it had "zero chance" of making a dent against spotify. People were predicting Apple would "abandon" it in short order. 

That sentiment was as laughable then as it is today. 
    radarthekatlolliver
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I just don't understand it... I tried so hard to like Apple Music. Maybe its better in the US?

In the UK Apple Music is like Apple Maps. A complete and utter painful laughable joke of an embarrassment. I don't think its an exaggeration to say its one of the worst products i've ever seen Apple release and stick with. Its borderline hilarious how bad it is. Just like iTunes Match. If you don't have a FANTASTIC connection nothing ever loads. It throws random errors and just skips forward over some tracks. Its slow and clunky - takes too long to load when the cell connection is poor. The UI is a disaster. Much like a lot of recent Apple UI's I think its infuriating. I saw they kept updating it so perhaps its better.

I have tried so much to like it. Spotify is so so so much better.

Perhaps your all using a different version than me!! :D 
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 25 of 27
    slurpy said:
    I remember not long ago people were mocking the prospects of Apple Music, and it had "zero chance" of making a dent against spotify. People were predicting Apple would "abandon" it in short order. 

That sentiment was as laughable then as it is today. 
    Not here its not! :D 

You literally cannot give Apple Music away in the UK. When they do people don't use it. 

You guys MUST have a different better set of servers in the US
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 26 of 27
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Too bad, Apple like most monopolies kill innovation, then get fat and lazy. 
  • Reply 27 of 27
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    That’s what happens when you own a platform. You simply block competitors from having Siri integration, you advertise your own product, etc. It’s unfair competition and Spotify is defenseless, despite having a better app experience.
    If it’s unfair competition then restaurants are going to have to drop corkage fees and allow other restaurants to come in and take orders at the tables.  I guess.  

And maybe movie theaters won’t be allowed to restrict vendors from selling food in their parking lots, and restricting customers from bringing that food into their theaters.  

Etc...
    edited February 2018 lolliver