Apple Southlake Town Square in Dallas-Fort Worth joins US stores closing for renovations

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple's Southlake Town Square outlet -- located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area -- will close for renovations on Sunday, March 4.

In its Web announcement, the company didn't say what changes it's making or when the shop might reopen. Presumably though the company is updating to its most recent design aesthetic, which includes touches like wooden shelves and oversized video displays.

When possible, Apple will often expand and renovate simultaneously. Many of its U.S. stores date back to the mid-2000s, and since then foot traffic -- as well as product lines -- have grown dramatically.

The Southlake closure means that some DFW residents may be forced to drive long distances to get to an Apple store. Alternatives include Knox Street, NorthPark Center, University Park Village, and Willow Bend.

Just last month Apple announced renovation plans for two shops in Nashville, Tenn. and Lynnwood, Wash. Apple Green Hills will close on Feb. 11, followed by Apple Alderwood Mall on Feb. 25.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    Hmm, the Southlake store is the one I always go to and it already was all wood and large displays.  There is usually a line there, so am hoping they are expanding the footprint and adding more Geniuses.  
    Sgt Storms(trooper)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Let’s hope,  crowded in there all the time!
    Sgt Storms(trooper)airnerd
  • Reply 3 of 5
    My family goes to this one too and it's always packed. They need to double the size of this one just to make some elbow room.
    airnerd
  • Reply 4 of 5
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Seems to be a theme...Apple needs to build larger stores almost everywhere. Funny, most other retail stores and downsizing or closing. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    macxpress said:
    Seems to be a theme...Apple needs to build larger stores almost everywhere. Funny, most other retail stores and downsizing or closing. 
    Retail, IMO, is a small part of it.  Sure they do a lot of sales but usually there are classes going on and a lot of people waiting for repairs.  Apple stores are integral to their loyalty.  I prefer to get my phone fixed same day rahter than shipping it, and Apple stores allow that.  We need more of them, or larger ones.  More would be better.