Apple Watch holiday sales volume beat entire Swiss watch industry for first time

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I have recently gotten myself an Watch (Series 3 with LTE) through T-Mobile. I thought it would be a good thing to have, plus make a fashion statement. Now that I have been using it regularly, I hav noticed that I have become a bit more active, I am not staring at my phone as often, and my notifications are definitely more private. An added bonus (that I completely forgot about initially) is that my Watch now automatically logs me in. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase.
    1) Obviously Tim Cook's goal is to sell more Watches, but he says he's lost 30 pounds since wearing the device.

2) The ability to use your Watch to authenticate your Mac is nice, but I do wish that it would also lock my Mac when I get outside of a certain BT range.

3) When it first came out I mentioned that it was great because I don't have to use my phone as often to see who's calling or sending me messages/emails. There was some backlash about how it's a waste of money to have an iPhone that you use less often , but that died off quickly (at least I don't recall hearing that argument for a very long time).  It's a huge time savings to not have to go into my pocket to pull out my iPhone as often.

4) Have you tried using it sans the iPhone, like loading music or using Apple Music, and using it to jog, or running to the store where you can use Apple Pay on the Watch? How about with a sleep monitoring app? I use Sleep Watch.
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 43
    You know it’s funny, but I have been college shopping with my son recently and noticed most of the kids have real watches.  I asked him why since their phone gives them the time or why they didn’t have Apple watches (like half the adults on the tours)?  

His comment, “You can’t be late for class so a real watch beats your phone or a smart watch that you forgot to charge last night”. 

Also as a watch collector myself, you don’t wear a Rolex, Patek or Jaeger Lecoultre because you want it to tell time.  You don’t wear it to show how much money you spent on it since most people have no idea how much they really cost.  You wear them because of the workmanship and history involved.  Jaeger Lecoutre, besides being worn by iron man and dr strange started making watches around 1833.