Sonos One feet leaving same white marks on wood furniture that the HomePod can

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    We really need to move on from this subject...
    mistergsfwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 58
    Will there ever be an end to the interminable first world poutrage at every trivial 'problem' caused by a life of unparalleled luxury?

edited February 2018 mistergsfStrangeDayswatto_cobrabrucemc
  • Reply 23 of 58
    As someone has already mentioned in another forum, this is a decades old minor problem.  Now, just because the product has an Apple logo on it, it's causing hysteria.  SMH.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobrabrucemc
  • Reply 24 of 58
    igorsky said:
    How hard is it to include a disclaimer if for no other reason than CYA? The article Apple added to its knowledge base should have been there the day the device went on sale. Same thing with phone throttling. Became a major issue mostly because of poor communication. Too much information is not a bad thing. 
    Did Sonos include a disclamer?  Or any other company that makes similar products?  Not sure why you feel Apple should have to follow a different standard than any other company.
    Because Apple gets 1000% more attention than any other company. 
  • Reply 25 of 58
    shitty furniture polish is shitty, news at six
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 58
    Anyone else ever pick up an old piece of electronics or an old shoe with a rubber or crepe sole or an old squishy phone cover that partially liquified or completely dissolved in your hand when you picked it up?
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 58
    jbdragon said:
    This is just silly. I'd be pissed with white rings on my tables from a speaker. So now I have to think about what kind of table I place my speaker on? Now pointing out that the SONOS 1 does it also. This is bring back Steve Jobs coming out and showing how holding other phones just right blocks the antenna also as the iPhone 4. Do wee really need to go back to that kind of thing?

The simple fact is, Apple didn't have to use Silicon. If that was rubber on the bottom, it wouldn't matter what table you placed it on, it would be fine. There would be no markings. This is really just another design flaw. Tell it as it is. These excuses are weak. Now we have #ringgate!!

This is a issue that didn't have to exist. To me, it's more poor testing from Apple. I don't know if it's just so afraid of leaks that outside testing is really locked down?!?! Doing everything in the LAB is not REAL WORLD. This looks like it's going to be another Class Action on Apple. It just didn't have to be this way. Stop with the lame excuses on this.
    Silicon is a more permanent material for dampening than rubber is, is more durable, and deals with getting moved and temperature extremes better.

Source: was sound isolation assistant on a U.S. Navy submarine.
    Bingo.

For the uninitiated, please examine the condition of that rubber band you put around that thing a couple of years ago. You know. That thing in the junk drawer. Right. That thing with the cracked and crumbly rubber band stuck to it. That’s the one.
    StrangeDayspscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 58
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    igorsky said:
    How hard is it to include a disclaimer if for no other reason than CYA? The article Apple added to its knowledge base should have been there the day the device went on sale. Same thing with phone throttling. Became a major issue mostly because of poor communication. Too much information is not a bad thing. 
    Did Sonos include a disclamer?  Or any other company that makes similar products?  Not sure why you feel Apple should have to follow a different standard than any other company.
    Because Apple gets 1000% more attention than any other company. 
    Yes, and a disclaimer that no one else gives won’t draw negative attention. 

Talk sense man!
    edited February 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 58
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    jbdragon said:
    This is just silly. I'd be pissed with white rings on my tables from a speaker. So now I have to think about what kind of table I place my speaker on? Now pointing out that the SONOS 1 does it also. This is bring back Steve Jobs coming out and showing how holding other phones just right blocks the antenna also as the iPhone 4. Do wee really need to go back to that kind of thing?

The simple fact is, Apple didn't have to use Silicon. If that was rubber on the bottom, it wouldn't matter what table you placed it on, it would be fine. There would be no markings. This is really just another design flaw. Tell it as it is. These excuses are weak. Now we have #ringgate!!

This is a issue that didn't have to exist. To me, it's more poor testing from Apple. I don't know if it's just so afraid of leaks that outside testing is really locked down?!?! Doing everything in the LAB is not REAL WORLD. This looks like it's going to be another Class Action on Apple. It just didn't have to be this way. Stop with the lame excuses on this.

jbdragonStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 58
    Eric_WVGG said:
    shitty furniture polish is shitty, news at six

Best they use Pledge. /s
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 58
    Simple. Apple ripped that a feature off.  
  • Reply 32 of 58
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    sflocal said:
    jbdragon said:

Quit whining.  Yes, that’s what you’re doing.

Use a cloth and wipe your furniture down like your momma showed you.  

The level of entitled, childish, bratty behavior has reached an all new level.

i lost track of how many items leave blemishes on my wood furniture over the decades.  I never once though about complaining because... hey, furniture gets dirty.

grow up.

You're just a Apple LOVER. No matter what they do, you have a excuse for them. If you live in a DUMP, that's on you. I don't, and I don't want rings all over my table!!! No cloth is going to remove the rings. Even Apple didn't say that. How about YOU GROW UP. Stop making excuses for Apple. They screwed up, plain and simple. I have a iPhone 6 and plan to upgrade to a iPhone XI or whatever Apple calls it. I hav a new 12.9" iPad Pro. I have a couple Apple TV 4's. I can't stand Android for a number of reasons.

But this sounds like the same crap as when Steve Jobs came out and said people were holding the iPhone 4 wrong and look here, I can make these other phones do the same thing, all the while holding these phones in such a way no one normally using it would do, then throwing in a case for everyone.

Here we go again. If Apple going to throw in a coaster for everyone? Can Apple do no wrong in your eye's? What will it take? Why don't you GROW UP! You can have rings all over your hose with the other filth, I just won't buy one of these things until Apple fixes their screw up, which is what it is. Lack of real world testing. I can't believe Apple came out with what is basically you're setting it down wrong. I'm not going to role over and give Apple a Pass for this. Go back to your Pig Pen.
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 33 of 58
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Rayz2016 said:
    jbdragon said:

You first!  You want to live in a Pig Pen, go ahead, many people do and it's disgusting.   I have a life and it won't including a HomePod.   To me, the Apple Watch is a much better product anyway.  Far more useful.  Instead, I'll continue to AirPlay to my Yamaha Surround sound system, with it's better speakers by far anyway.  I'll continue to play arund with my Amazon Dot and Google Mini which by the way, don't leave rings.   I am in the Apple Ecosystem and a growing Homekit house.  You suck on the Apple teat and keep on making excuses for them.  This is antenna gate all over again.  Now it's you're placing it on the table wrong.   

Apple needs to get their products out of the LAB under real testing conditions so crap like this doesn't happen.  I don't want rings all over my Butcherblock Table in my Kitchen. It's one thing to get a small mark on your table.  It's completely different to get RINGS all over your table.  RINGS stand right out.

How about STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR APPLE!!!!

edited February 2018
  • Reply 34 of 58
    jbdragon said:
    sflocal said:
    jbdragon said:

i lost track of how many items leave blemishes on my wood furniture over the decades.  I never once though about complaining because... hey, furniture gets dirty.

grow up.
    You're just a Apple LOVER. No matter what they do, you have a excuse for them. If you live in a DUMP, that's on you. I don't, and I don't want rings all over my table!!! No cloth is going to remove the rings. Even Apple didn't say that. How about YOU GROW UP. Stop making excuses for Apple. They screwed up, plain and simple. I have a iPhone 6 and plan to upgrade to a iPhone XI or whatever Apple calls it. I hav a new 12.9" iPad Pro. I have a couple Apple TV 4's. I can't stand Android for a number of reasons.

But this sounds like the same crap as when Steve Jobs came out and said people were holding the iPhone 4 wrong and look here, I can make these other phones do the same thing, all the while holding these phones in such a way no one normally using it would do, then throwing in a case for everyone.

Here we go again. If Apple going to throw in a coaster for everyone? Can Apple do no wrong in your eye's? What will it take? Why don't you GROW UP! You can have rings all over your hose with the other filth, I just won't buy one of these things until Apple fixes their screw up, which is what it is. Lack of real world testing. I can't believe Apple came out with what is basically you're setting it down wrong. I'm not going to role over and give Apple a Pass for this. Go back to your Pig Pen.
    Exactly -- there was no problem w/ the iPhone 4, it was similar hysteria. As demonstrated on stage, other phones suffered signal attenuation when death gripped by a meat bag (your hand). Also shared on stage was carrier data that showed no significant number of drops in real life. Further proof? They continued selling the original 4, unchanged, for years. The news cycle moved on and it was forgotten. Just like this will be. If you wish to refresh your memory watch Jobs' iPhone 4 media event:

...he shows at 18:45 that carrier data proved it dropped <1 % more often than the 3GS, and had 2/3s less returns than the 3GS, and while <1% was more than they'd like it to be, it showed the death grip signal attenuation wasnt actually a problem IRL.

As for HomePod -- you won't have this problem with rings in your house because you don't own oiled wood surfaces. If you did, you'd know how to treat them and re-treat the surface when necessary. Nothing about this is serious.

The rest of your post is panicked nonsense. It doesn't affect you. Stop whining. 
    edited February 2018 pscooter63ronnfastasleepAppleZuluwatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 58
    It took a while before someone noticed that the Sonos speaker had the same problem... someone had to purchase one...
    ronnlukeiStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 58
    jbdragon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_rubber
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon
    ronn
  • Reply 37 of 58

jbdragon said:

Silicon is a more permanent material for dampening than rubber is, is more durable, and deals with getting moved and temperature extremes better.

Source: was sound isolation assistant on a U.S. Navy submarine.
    You mean silicone, right?
  • Reply 38 of 58
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member
    jbdragon said:
    sflocal said:
    jbdragon said:

grow up.

I know non-Apple lovers that are experts at cleaning their houses on a schedule and don’t whine when items on wood furniture leave marks.  What are they called?

You don’t know how my house is.  I live (and own) a beautifully restored Victorian house (that I restored) in San Francisco.  The wooden furniture in it is worth tens of thousands of dollars.  when I CLEAN on a schedule and lift up items from them, there are marks.  I wipe them down and move on.

my house gets dusty like every living space does.  I clean, and move on.  It’s not a dump.

quit whining.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobraronn
  • Reply 39 of 58
    mauijoe said:
    A speakers main job is to vibrate and although they try to dampen the vibrations that don't come directly from the drivers no speaker enclosure is perfect ( they all have resonant vibrations). So of course you should be aware of what you place it on.
    Actually, in high end speakers, the cabinet becomes part of the sound quality and enhances the speaker's vibrations rather than trying to suppress them.
    ronn
  • Reply 40 of 58
    fallenjt said:
    jbdragon said:

Are you fucking serious? I buy my dining set from Macy's and realize that the table may scratch my wood floor if I slide it around. Should I complain to Macys that they should've tested their furniture on all type of floors to prevent things like that or just Macys to issue the statement "Hey Stupid People, make sure you don't slide the heavy table on your bare precious wood floor".
    Actually, if Macy's had used proper feet on the table legs, it would not have scratched your floor.
    Another bad design...