Interior Apple Park glass is so clear, distracted employees are walking into it

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    Maybe the people walking into the glass also like cable TV...

https://youtu.be/hIXehQ60u-8?t=16

• Reply 42 of 75
    Maybe someone at Apple will come up with an iPhone or Watch app to warn the user they are about to walk into a glass door. lol
  • Reply 43 of 75
    dsddsd Posts: 186member
    Meanwhile at Microsoft

xzuanantksundaram
  • Reply 44 of 75
    Window-gate? Glass-gate?

Actually, I hate adding “gate” to every crisis — Watergate was not two separate words...obviously...so it should have been called Watergate-gate.
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 45 of 75
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    matrix077 said:

Don't fall for it. “people familiar with the incidents” is just too easy. Not saying the building doesn't have issue. Any building will have ones, even Frank Lloyd Wright's. But there is narrative to sell and that narrative is Apple is failing. 
    Exactly. We'll be seeing reports soon where one person has complained about the quality of the toilet paper in the new building. APPL will fall by $10 on the news.

Mountains out of molehills perhaps?

APPL will fall and makers of thick toilet paper with 1% margins and zero differentiation and moat will get a PE of 20, that's the world we live in.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 75
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Apple reminds everyone to stay FOCUS while working for them.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 75
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Seems to be the new Apple: form over function 😉
    There's nothing new about that.  Apple's been placing form over function for years.  
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 48 of 75
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    matrix077 said:

Don't fall for it. “people familiar with the incidents” is just too easy. Not saying the building doesn't have issue. Any building will have ones, even Frank Lloyd Wright's. But there is narrative to sell and that narrative is Apple is failing. 
    Exactly. We'll be seeing reports soon where one person has complained about the quality of the toilet paper in the new building. APPL will fall by $10 on the news.

Mountains out of molehills perhaps?

You joke, but bad toilet paper can ruin someone's daily life. 
    macseeker
  • Reply 49 of 75
    Nah, people have claimed that since Apple. Just part of a pushed narrative. Is it yours as well?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 75
    It's the "Glassgate" blow the building.
  • Reply 51 of 75
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    When do you believe this "form over function" at Apple started?
  • Reply 52 of 75
    Soli said:
    macxpress said:
    MacPro said:
    macxpress said:
    Maybe people should just watch where they're going...
    Ah, there's the snag.  Watch all you like but very clear glass at the right light levels and you don't see it at all. 
    I bet they know it there now LOL. 
    No, you don't, especially if it's a door (especially a sliding glass door) whose threshold you've walked across countless times. Just like the vibration absorbing silicone base of the HomePod that affects certain surfaces, this issue is solvable (*gasp* an Apple fanatic just lost their shit again). 
    Oh look, you’re still pretending the acoustic dampening silicon on the HP is a problem, as if people with living finishes don’t know how to treat and maintain them. 

Show us a picture of how this actually caused a problem for you. 
  • Reply 53 of 75
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Soli said:
    macxpress said:
    MacPro said:
    macxpress said:
    Ah, there's the snag.  Watch all you like but very clear glass at the right light levels and you don't see it at all. 
    No, you don't, especially if it's a door (especially a sliding glass door) whose threshold you've walked across countless times. Just like the vibration absorbing silicone base of the HomePod that affects certain surfaces, this issue is solvable (*gasp* an Apple fanatic just lost their shit again). 
    Oh look, you’re still pretending the acoustic dampening silicon on the HP is a problem, as if people with living finishes don’t know how to treat and maintain them. 

Still not paying attention, I see. I understand that reading comprehension can be difficult with multiple in-line conversations, but at some point you need to take a little personal responsibility for your inattention.
    edited February 2018 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 54 of 75

Robots78 said:
    So Apple focused on the appearance of something at the expense of functionality? No way!
    So critics focused on anonymous rumors as if they were factual news? No way!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 55 of 75
    Soli said:
    Soli said:
    macxpress said:
    MacPro said:
    macxpress said:

Still not paying attention, I see. I understand that reading comprehension can be difficult with multiple in-line conversations, but at some point you need to take a little personal responsibility for your inattention.
    Translation: “This is not a real problem I’ve encountered or suffer from, but I wish to whine nonetheless.”

enjoy the Echo. Don’t go Sonos tho, because...well, you know. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 56 of 75
    Nah, people have claimed that since Apple. Just part of a pushed narrative. Is it yours as well?
    Oh no, didn’t you hear? The iPhone X is a “usability nightmare” and the iPhone 7 with its front facing Touch ID home button was the pinnacle of user friendliness (and apparently the iPhone 8 doesn’t exist in this narrative), so maybe all that whining about bezels was yesterday’s talking point.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 57 of 75
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    AppleZulu said:
    Perhaps this is a good use for some of those Apple logo stickers that come with every purchase...
    @AppleZulu please explain. I didn't get an Apple logo sticker with my last purchases of iPhones or Apple Watch -- which were at an Apple Store.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 1,989member
    linkman said:
    AppleZulu said:
    Perhaps this is a good use for some of those Apple logo stickers that come with every purchase...
    @AppleZulu please explain. I didn't get an Apple logo sticker with my last purchases of iPhones or Apple Watch -- which were at an Apple Store.
    I must be hitting the jackpot, then. I’m looking at the one included with my HomePod right now. They mean for you to put ‘em on your back car window. Surely you’ve seen them around.
  • Reply 59 of 75
    wlym said:
    It's strange for a company famous for its secrecy to suffer from perfect transparency.
    This person just won the forum today! I actually laughed out loud at this!
    watto_cobramuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 60 of 75
    Lawyers no doubt already looking for Apple employees with bloody noses to start a glass action!
    They couldn't smash that pesky glass ceiling. At least, they can attack all those glass walls.
    dewmewatto_cobra