T-Mobile plans $200-plus discount on Apple's iPhone X starting Feb. 23

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

jungmark said:
    deminsd said:

jsmythe00 said:
    Things aren't flying off the shelves. Can't be that coveted .Not seeing any sold out signs anywhere .

And although you can't take too much stock in supply chain movement, I'm willing to bet the huge drop in Samsung screen demand is due to lackluster demand for IPX
    Sorry but you’re full of shit — Cook contradicts your troll claim directly, saying it was the best selling of all iphones every week it was out last quarter. Oops. 

What other narratives are you pushing?
    Here's something to blow your mind...another perspective!  Yes, the ONE quarter that the iPhone was available, it was 1) Brand new, so will sell heavily, and 2) Christmas, so everyone is looking for a present to give.  Tim was right.  THAT quarter is was HOT!  NOW, sadly, that quarter is over.  Possibly, just possibly, most everyone that wanted one, got one in the 1st three months.  Christmas gift-giving is over.  Is it plausible that sales will be down this quarter and the next and the next?  Of course it is if you remove your bias...

I bet you say that about every iPhone this time of year. BTW, Chinese new year (big gift giving holiday) is this quarter, so you'll just save your pessimism for next quarter. 
    Just wait until the big-screen version lands. The fear and terror from the resident Android crowd will reach heights we’ve never seen. 

StrangeDays
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

jsmythe00 said:
    Things aren't flying off the shelves. Can't be that coveted .Not seeing any sold out signs anywhere .

And although you can't take too much stock in supply chain movement, I'm willing to bet the huge drop in Samsung screen demand is due to lackluster demand for IPX
    Sorry but you’re full of shit — Cook contradicts your troll claim directly, saying it was the best selling of all iphones every week it was out last quarter. Oops. 

And it wasn’t supposed to be. This is the flagship phone, and at that price it wasn’t supposed to outsell the other models. Apple may have underestimated what folk were willing to pay for it.  

On a side note. 

Yesterday I had to call an ambulance for a woman who’d vomited and collapsed in the street. They sent a paramedic who tended to her at the scene. He decides she needs an ambulance so gets out his phone…

“Hey, iPhoneX” says me. 

“Er, yes.” he says, because he’s kinda busy. 

Still, our paramedics have an app that lets them hit one button and summon an ambulance to their location, without having to speak to anyone. How brilliant is that?

StrangeDayspscooter63
  • Reply 23 of 29
    deminsd said:

jsmythe00 said:

Here's something to blow your mind...another perspective!  Yes, the ONE quarter that the iPhone was available, it was 1) Brand new, so will sell heavily, and 2) Christmas, so everyone is looking for a present to give.  Tim was right.  THAT quarter is was HOT!  NOW, sadly, that quarter is over.  Possibly, just possibly, most everyone that wanted one, got one in the 1st three months.  Christmas gift-giving is over.  Is it plausible that sales will be down this quarter and the next and the next?  Of course it is if you remove your bias...

How do you like your iPhone X, btw?

Did you read the quarterly results that Apple published few weeks back? Jan-Mar quarter ALSO shows a HUGE increase in projected revenue compared to the year ago quarter for Apple. Where do you think it is coming from?
    edited February 2018 StrangeDays
  • Reply 24 of 29
    jsmythe00 said:
    wood1208 said:
    iPhone X,8,8 Plus,7,etc selling well so save your breath. I would take advantage of any iPhones BOGO deal Here is better deal at AT&T and expiring tomorrow. AT&T SMARTPHONE BOGO: Offer ends 2/22/18. Select locations. Elig Devices: iPhone X 64 GB ($1,000), iPhone X 256 GB ($1,150), iPhone 8 Plus 64GB ($800), iPhone 8 Plus 256GB ($950), iPhone 8 64GB ($700) and iPhone 8 256GB ($850). May buy any combo of these elig. devices. Free/discounted device will be the lowest priced device, and credits will not exceed $1,000. iPhone X 256GB is discounted but not free
    I guess they are.  I've only seen 5 in the wild .
    You must live in an impoverished area or something. I’ve never seen more flagship iPhones in the wild after a new release.
    pscooter63fastasleep
  • Reply 25 of 29
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    jsmythe00 said:
    wood1208 said:
    iPhone X,8,8 Plus,7,etc selling well so save your breath. I would take advantage of any iPhones BOGO deal Here is better deal at AT&T and expiring tomorrow. AT&T SMARTPHONE BOGO: Offer ends 2/22/18. Select locations. Elig Devices: iPhone X 64 GB ($1,000), iPhone X 256 GB ($1,150), iPhone 8 Plus 64GB ($800), iPhone 8 Plus 256GB ($950), iPhone 8 64GB ($700) and iPhone 8 256GB ($850). May buy any combo of these elig. devices. Free/discounted device will be the lowest priced device, and credits will not exceed $1,000. iPhone X 256GB is discounted but not free
    I guess they are.  I've only seen 5 in the wild .
    Sorry to see you live in remote part of world where no cell tower exists. For solid proof, my extended family have 27 AT&T lines and more than half took the BOGO deal with iPhone X and rest between 8 Plus and 8. Go figure rest.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    jungmark said:
    Cmon, AI. The proper headline is "T-Mobile to SLASH iPhone X prices to boost flagging sales"
    I was at my local T-Mo last week, and I always ask when I go, since i have JOD i just grab the latest and greatest, but a down payment on a JOD makes the program stupid so I passed on the X. 

Anyhow I asked them, how well is the X selling, i was told, some buy it, but the "hard core apple fans return them because they miss the home button".

I love technology, i have an Iphone 8 and a Note 8. I will reserve to what i think is better, but to me Apple Crippled the 8 on T-Mo and AT&T with that crap of an Intel modem, i had the 7 on AT&T and service was sub-par, on T-Mo my 8 is non existent in some areas for service but my android phones ALWAYS kept signal.

PS  the 6 I had on ATT was also better then they are now. 
  • Reply 27 of 29
    deminsd said:

jsmythe00 said:

How do you like your iPhone X, btw?
    Nuts. It's not "bias" or "perspective" -- its data. Data that only Apple has, and Cook said it very clearly -- last quarter, the X was the best selling iPhone every single week after launch (Cook's barred from lying on an earnings call, btw), which directly contracts the troll's claim that the X isn't selling. 

Haters can't dispel data by calling it "bias". 

As for the rest of your sluggish sales fantasy, anything is possible, but dont confuse your desires for what was stated as fact. 

Next.
    edited February 2018
  • Reply 28 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jsmythe00 said:
    jungmark said:
    jsmythe00 said:

Ha. Or Sammy overestimated demand from non-Apple vendors. 

Not likely .only phones selling are Galaxy and iPhone. 
    True but other vendors still make phones and I suspect they use touch screens as well. In addition, Sammy could've overestimated their own phone well.