20 more US banks and credit unions added to Apple Pay payment providers list

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has once again updated its roster of banks and credit unions supporting Apple Pay, this time adding 20 more U.S. entities.

As has become standard, the new card issuers are regional rather than national. Most national U.S. institutions were onboard with a year of Apple Pay's Oct. 2014 launch, ushered in by the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

The full list of additions includes Anahuac National Bank, ASI Federal Credit Union, Auburn State Bank, BankSouth, Burbank City Federal Credit Union, CentralAlliance Credit Union, Columbine Federal Credit Union, Connections Bank, DCH Credit Union, Hastings Federal Credit Union, Iowa-Nebraska State Bank, Lea County State Bank, LegacyTexas, McCook National Bank, Minnesota Valley Federal Credit Union, Peoples Bank [Okla.], St. Francis X. Federal Credit Union, TS Bank, West Suburban Bank, and Winchester Savings Bank.

The bigger obstacle for Apple stateside has been merchant adoption, since chains have been slow to upgrade their payment infrastructure. Big-box retailers Walmart and Target have actively refused to embrace Apple Pay, favoring their own in-house standards instead.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I wish they'd put these back in a list instead of a paragraph. Makes it kinda hard to look at. 
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My company just switched us to Chase Ink Business Preferred credit cards and I was in for a rude awakening when I discovered they don't, and never did, allow Apple Pay... and it's considered by Forbes to be the best credit card to buy an iPhone X with, ha.
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    macxpress said:
    I wish they'd put these back in a list instead of a paragraph. Makes it kinda hard to look at. 
    I agree, I was thinking the exact same thing. perhaps they could edit it and put as a list.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    macxpress said:

Anahuac National Bank
    ASI Federal Credit Union
    Auburn State Bank
    BankSouth
    Burbank City Federal Credit Union
    CentralAlliance Credit Union
    Columbine Federal Credit Union
    Connections Bank
    DCH Credit Union
    Hastings Federal Credit Union
    Iowa-Nebraska State Bank
    Lea County State Bank
    LegacyTexas
    McCook National Bank
    Minnesota Valley Federal Credit Union
    Peoples Bank [Okla.]
    St. Francis X. Federal Credit Union
    TS Bank
    West Suburban Bank
    Winchester Savings Bank

I kept Pages '09 just for the Advanced Find & Replace for special characters, replacing ', ' with Line Feed here.
    It was the first missing feature, among others, that I had noticed when they converted to the 'All Platform' scheme and it that has yet to return still.