Highly questionable video claims to show 'iPhone SE 2' with iPhone X styling

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    chasm said:
    Those of you saying you'd buy an iPhone X like device but for a lower price -- in effect that's what you'll be getting this fall -- the iPhone X features will migrate to the successor to the iPhone 8. But thinking you'll get an iPhone X-like device for $350 next month is just ... delusional.

As for price versus size, I'm in the camp that it is mostly about price, since it sells much in under-developed countries than it does in North America. I get that there are some (quite a few) who like a premium phone at that size -- but as with the Mac Pro crowd, you guys vastly overestimate both your numbers and influence. Estimates from reliable outside firms believe the iPhone SE accounts for less than five percent of iPhone sales.
    It isn't certain at all that the X be continued at a lower price. Not with OLED. Which is by the way the major issue with the price, and a problem with the supply chain. The rest is standard enough components, so an SE with full screen LCD  is an standard iPhone. It could be plastic. The only other potentially expensive item is the Face ID.

LCD is much cheaper than OLED. I had the option of two largely equivalent smart TVs recently, one at €550 the other at €1300, the only real difference was OLED vs LCD. I do prefer OLED but not that much. The prices don't seem to be falling. 

As for the claim that only 5% of people buy the SE ( which doesnt include me), could it be possible that Apple want to change that. To  continue to grow the iPhone base they need something for the developing market that has a wow factor. Also they probably want people with older devices to move on. 
  • Reply 22 of 28
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    1. The SE is 100000% about price. Even its size is a result of cost considerations. It isn't using iPhone 5 design to please anyone, even if their marketing says so.

2. Face ID is a leading iPhone X feature. Despite its utility, it won't come to low-cost products soon.
    I respectfully disagree.  I bought the SE because of its size.  

It fits in my pocket, I can use it one handed easily, and I also use it outdoors in a lifeproof case while working out. 

It’s perfect for my use case and they have sold millions. 
    I agree... Many people like the SE because of its size.
    It never ceases to amaze me how people demand that its appeal can ONLY be about price...
    ... Tunnel Vision...  Which is particularly amazing when one remembers that it was Steve himself who was the biggest proponent of maintaining the SE size.
    command_fentropys
  • Reply 23 of 28
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    fluffhead said:
    trumptman said:
    The video is pure nonsense. The SE doesn't even have Touch ID yet. Also we are supposed to believe the SE2 would somehow get the dual camera? Honestly it looks more like an iPhone 9 of something of that nature since there is claims Apple wants a lower cost X. Looks like a non-glass back and thus lack of wireless charging might help lower costs.
    The se has the first generation Touch ID, but not the second generation that debuted with the 6s. 

Brain fart.... I meant 3d touch.
    command_f
  • Reply 24 of 28
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    This phone is totally Android copycat using iOS skin. The color of the background is really Android. How the hell would Apple even have the almost production model in March? Sure keep dreaming about this bs. If SE2 will ever be released, it probably looks close to this....well can’t be different anyway.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member
    adm1 said:
    1. The SE is 100000% about price. Even its size is a result of cost considerations. It isn't using iPhone 5 design to please anyone, even if their marketing says so.
    bullsh*t, go back to the iPhone SE launch event. No1 reason they went back to a 4"er was they still sold over 30m iPhone 5/5Ss after Apple moved to phablets; "some people simply love smaller phones" Apple said. I see SE models everywhere and can guarantee for the owners that I know, the price wasn't even a consideration. 

I'm one of those waiting patiently for a top-spec SE2, if it doesn't materialise, I will make do with a 128GB SE for the foreseeable. 

Youll never get the same specs as a larger iPhone. It’s simple physics, there is just more space in a larger phone. Sure, the SE is thicker but we know Apple won’t let it stay thick. 
  • Reply 26 of 28
    This thing is either a prototype or a flat out juicy piece of realness. The notch lends itself to this design..imhho The camera setup is surprising..make it so TC!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I am completely ready for SE"X" :p iPhone!
    GeorgeBMactrumptman
  • Reply 28 of 28
    I'm crossing my fingers this is the 4,7" in the 4" form factor rumored before iPhone X. Since they managed to shrink a 5,8" display in to a size that almost is as small as a iphone 6 I've they probably could do the same with the IPhone SE-size. I love the size of my display on my iPhone 6, but I think it's too large for single handed use and frankly I prefer the old size of the phones. My only wish is that it doesn't cost as much as a iPhone X. 
    mattinoz