Watch: iPhone X vs. Galaxy S9+ cameras compared

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    k2kw said:
    Two positive reviews/comparisons of the Samsung Galaxy S9+ means an anti-Samsung editorial is coming from DED.
    How strange that the haters, knockoff defenders and agenda pushers get so butthurt about well-reasoned DED pieces. 
    Well reasoned? LOL
    AI’s comment section is becoming an Apple hating cesspool just like MacRumors and 9to5Mac. Negativity is the engine that drives the comment sections. 
  • Reply 22 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    k2kw said:
    Two positive reviews/comparisons of the Samsung Galaxy S9+ means an anti-Samsung editorial is coming from DED.
    How strange that the haters, knockoff defenders and agenda pushers get so butthurt about well-reasoned DED pieces. 
    Well reasoned? LOL
    Yup. He comes at it with data and acute observation. Theres a reason his pieces get linked to by financial writers like PED (Philip Elmer-DeWitt, formerly of Fortune).

But what would you know — you’ve already admitted you don’t even bother to read the editorials you criticize. You’re blatantly intellectually dishonest and your opinion on them is thusly effectively worthless. 
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 23 of 27
    lkrupp said:
    k2kw said:
    Well reasoned? LOL
    AI’s comment section is becoming an Apple hating cesspool just like MacRumors and 9to5Mac. Negativity is the engine that drives the comment sections. 

Since when did commenting on DED's writing skills become a criticism of Apple?
    atomic101singularity
  • Reply 24 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    lkrupp said:
    k2kw said:
    Well reasoned? LOL
    Since when did commenting on DED's writing skills become a criticism of Apple?
    The topic is haters, knockoff deniers, and agenda pushers getting butthurt over DED columns. Those with the butthurt do indeed have an irrational need to hate on Apple. This condition is better known by its clinical term "hater". 
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 25 of 27
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    So what we are seeing is there are trade offs, no one has the perfect solutions, and most people looking at any of these pictures can not say if the camera in fact reproduced the scene exactly without being at the scene itself. What is did notice Apple did a little better jobs of finding a point which you would not notice the compromise. Samsung seem to swing to one extreme or the other to optimize one element of the camera verses finding a happy median.

As a mater of course Vadim did a good job of keeping you focus on the comparing the image quality and it is not a review about the subject in the image as we seen in other reviews. And he tell you what to look for in the image to know what is happening like loss of cloud details in the Samsung images, I guaranty is Vadim did not point this out most people would not have notice and what if causing this.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    anton zuykovanton zuykov Posts: 1,056member
    lewchenko said:
    It getting to to the point where I’m considering whether it’s worth switching. I constantly hear that the pixel 2 camera is so much better than the iPhone
    Switch and post the experience. It would be interesting to see if your problems go away, lewchenko))

And I hope, your degree is not in communications, btw lol.

edited March 2018
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Seems to me that the Galaxy series has an algorithm to produce better looking pictures of people. I consider it fakery. I have a galaxy note 5 and a galaxy note 8. They produce pleasing photos that make me and other people look 5 years younger. My iPhone 7 Plus camera is technically a bit inferior but seems to produce photos closer to reality.

Honestly I don't see a point in comparing phone cameras because they are all garbage. They are all in that category and close enough to each other in quality that it doesn't matter much because none of them yet still come close to a DSLR. DSLR's have a hard enough time producing things how the eye sees it, and most of the time can't, let alone these tiny and slow phone camera sensors. Someone needs to just come up with a brand new, completely different technology for capturing images altogether. You'd think that as long as camera tech has been around now, by 2018 we would have something that you could instantly capture anything in any situation and get what most eye balls would see. Nothing is even close.