Apple releases sixth developer beta of tvOS 11.3

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released its sixth developer beta of tvOS 11.3, released just over a week after the fifth developer beta, and is likely to be the last beta of the Apple TV software before a full public release.

The initial beta of tvOS 11.3 added AirPlay 2 to the set-top box, but this was removed as part of the third beta alongside the the third iOS beta.

Other changes included in the first beta include the addition of rating-based content filtering options to device management, improvements to its content matching, and the introduction of automatic mode switching to the fourth-generation Apple TV, a feature first seen on the Apple TV 4K.

The current version of tvOS 11.3 has build number 15L5211b. The previous build number was 15L5208a.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    S NS N Posts: 2unconfirmed, member

Since iOS 11, Apple has disabled scheduled fetch and notifications for favorited folders and sub folders for non-push mail accounts in the native mail app of iOS.
    This fetch used to happen in iOS 10.3.3 without any problem.

This issue has not been resolved even in the latest iOS 11.3 beta 6 released some days ago.

• Reply 2 of 7
    What is “automatic mode switching?”
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mavemufcmavemufc Posts: 326member
    Basically means it now automatically gives you the frame rate and sound that the content you're watching was meant for. 
  • Reply 4 of 7
    SendMcjakSendMcjak Posts: 66unconfirmed, member
    So much cleaner:

While tvOS 11.3 added AirPlay 2 to the set-top box, the feature was removed in the third beta; this release does not restore AirPlay 2.

• Reply 5 of 7
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    mavemufc said:
    Basically means it now automatically gives you the frame rate and sound that the content you're watching was meant for. 
    Didn't they already give us that in December? Mine's been auto switching frame rate and into HDR automatically for several months. What I'm hoping for is auto resolution -- 720p/1080p/4K. My TV does a better job of upscaling than the ATV, so I'd rather feed the native picture format to it, than let the ATV upscale everything to 4K.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mavemufcmavemufc Posts: 326member

Didn't they already give us that in December? Mine's been auto switching frame rate and into HDR automatically for several months. What I'm hoping for is auto resolution -- 720p/1080p/4K. My TV does a better job of upscaling than the ATV, so I'd rather feed the native picture format to it, than let the ATV upscale everything to 4K.
    Not actually sure, I haven't really noticed it much anyway tbh.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mac_128 said:
    mavemufc said:
    Yeah it did that on the 4K Apple TV but this adds it to the 1080P Apple TV.