Jimmy Iovine to step down as Apple Music chief in August, take on consulting role, report ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    rfrmac said:
    Good.
    Why? What knowledge do you posses about his performance at Apple working for Cook? Is Cook unhappy with him? In what ways?
    The answer to the last two questions are: 

apparently. 
    Dunno
  • Reply 22 of 33
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rfrmac said:
    Good.
    Why? What knowledge do you posses about his performance at Apple working for Cook? Is Cook unhappy with him? In what ways?
    For one thing, the changes to the Music app that he allegedly helped to spearhead have made the app damn near unusable. It’s been dumbed down so much it’s unbelievable.
    Apple Music app is fine!
    No, it is not.
    I don’t seem to have any problem opening it, browsing today’s playlists, or searching for specific artists. What am I doing wrong?
    If you’re happy with the current version, then there’s no issue for you.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Bring back Cover Flow! :-(

Hell yeah! I forgot how much I missed it!!

I vaguely remember some lawsuit regarding Cover Flow.

edited March 2018
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Bring back Cover Flow! :-(

Hell yeah! I forgot how much I missed it!!

I vaguely remember some lawsuit regarding Cover Flow.

Wow, was there really a lawsuit? I was wondering why it got scrapped
  • Reply 25 of 33
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Rayz2016 said:
    This is a guess based on his approaching retirement age. The “leaving” story was shot down in flames, so now we’ll try “stepping back”.  If he says he’s not “stepping back” then we’ll give “janitorial role” a try. 
    He doesn't seem like the retiring type. 
  • Reply 26 of 33
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    As a manager I bet he made a great consultant. 

Which is what he should have been to begin with. Someone who can network to get deals. I don't think the 9-5 suits Iovine and Apple managers are 9-10pm
  • Reply 27 of 33
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    asdasd said:
    rfrmac said:
    Good.
    The answer to the last two questions are: 

apparently. 
    Dunno
    What data makes it apparent that Cook is unhappy with him? This report says he’s cashing out his shares and getting set to enjoy the good life:

Iovine is motivated, the report said, by the timing of the vesting of his Apple shares”

...Sounds like you’re just inventing detail not published or known. So we’re back to my first question. 
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 28 of 33
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member

rfrmac said:
    Good.
    For one thing, the changes to the Music app that he allegedly helped to spearhead have made the app damn near unusable. It’s been dumbed down so much it’s unbelievable.
    Apple Music app is fine!
    No, it is not.
    I don’t seem to have any problem opening it, browsing today’s playlists, or searching for specific artists. What am I doing wrong?
    But you made a specific claim that it’s not fine. I’m asking you to back that assertion up with details. How is it not fine? If you can’t actually say how, then you’re just being a curmudgeon.
    edited March 2018 designr
  • Reply 29 of 33
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Rayz2016 said:
    This is a guess based on his approaching retirement age. The “leaving” story was shot down in flames, so now we’ll try “stepping back”.  If he says he’s not “stepping back” then we’ll give “janitorial role” a try. 
    Or simply his original deal was to stay on for a certain time and it's about up.
  • Reply 30 of 33

rfrmac said:
    Good.
    Apple Music app is fine!
    No, it is not.
    But you made a specific claim that it’s not fine. I’m asking you to back that assertion up with details. How is it not fine? If you can’t actually say how, then you’re just being a curmudgeon.
    For iOS: No ability to set individual song loudness levels, no individual song EQ settings, no ability to see detailed versions of album cover art, no song lyrics, no access to other information about songs or albums... in fact, other than artist and song names, it’s a total shitshow. Some of us actually like music AND all of the details surrounding our music. I use no streaming music services, so that stuff has no value for me. I personally have a massive, highly curated library.

If none of these things matter to you, then your opinions are irrelevant to me. Get it?
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 31 of 33

rfrmac said:
    Good.
    Apple Music app is fine!
    No, it is not.
    For iOS: No ability to set individual song loudness levels, no individual song EQ settings, no ability to see detailed versions of album cover art, no song lyrics, no access to other information about songs or albums... in fact, other than artist and song names, it’s a total shitshow. Some of us actually like music AND all of the details surrounding our music. I use no streaming music services, so that stuff has no value for me. I personally have a massive, highly curated library.

If none of these things matter to you, then your opinions are irrelevant to me. Get it?
    What program do you use to obtain and organize this massive, highly curated library?
  • Reply 32 of 33
    raspy39 said:

rfrmac said:
    Good.
    Apple Music app is fine!
    No, it is not.

What program do you use to obtain and organize this massive, highly curated library?
    Regrettably, iTunes on the desktop and the Music app on iOS. iTunes used to be far more capable and it's getting dumbed down generation after generation.