Apple debuts macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 with Business Chat and eGPU support

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    My update went terrible.  First time I've ever had a problem with the update.  Computer crashed, wouldn't re-start.  Had to boot from prior version of High Sierra.  I'm waiting until things are sorted out.
    h2p
  • Reply 22 of 25

So, uh… why’d they do this to Safari? Why can’t I say “allow first party cookies only”? Look, I know that it never worked. IT NEVER WORKED. I ALWAYS got third party cookies. But this was a conscious decision they made, to change this feature. They took time to go into Safari and actually do something. AND THEY DIDN’T BOTHER TO ADD A COOKIE WHITELIST. Do they care anymore?

Also, is “prevent cross-site tracking” Apple’s way of saying, “We’re wiping the HTTP REFERER when you click on a link,” or is it something else entirely? Because I’d like to wipe my HTTP REFERERs but there’s no Safari extension to do that.
    Looks like I'll have to switch back to Firefox. Thanks for that, Apple...  :/
  • Reply 23 of 25
    xmbxmb Posts: 18member
    Updated my iMac (with Fusion drive), MacBook and a MacBook Pro all without any issues. So far everything seems to be working fine!
  • Reply 24 of 25
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

So, uh… why’d they do this to Safari? Why can’t I say “allow first party cookies only”? Look, I know that it never worked. IT NEVER WORKED. I ALWAYS got third party cookies. But this was a conscious decision they made, to change this feature. They took time to go into Safari and actually do something. AND THEY DIDN’T BOTHER TO ADD A COOKIE WHITELIST. Do they care anymore?

Also, is “prevent cross-site tracking” Apple’s way of saying, “We’re wiping the HTTP REFERER when you click on a link,” or is it something else entirely? Because I’d like to wipe my HTTP REFERERs but there’s no Safari extension to do that.
    Looks like I'll have to switch back to Firefox. Thanks for that, Apple...  :/
    This isn't a change.  Safari 11.0.3 has the same options:

tallest skil
  • Reply 25 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    zoetmb said:
    This isn't a change.  Safari 11.0.3 has the same options:
    Huh. They must have done that with High Sierra, then.