Compared: 2018 iPad cost efficiency versus iPad Pro features and speed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    I have an iPadAir 2 and a new 13inch iPadPro.
    This is an impressive machine.   I think Apple will sell a ton of these.

i expect that a new IPadPro with FaceId will come out around.   The more important question is what will Apple do software wise
    (other than talking Pooh and other ani-emoji)
    apple needs to add Family support to tvOS, iPadPro, and HomePod and greatly improve Siri.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    wanderso said:
    If Apple would make the cost premium of 128 GB only be $50 more, rather than $100, the appeal of the new iPad would further grow.  Better yet, be willing to have a micro SD slot and let users add their own memory.  Space may be the excuse for the reason for not offering this, but competing products show that it is readily possible to support it.  Why doesn't Apple offer this?  Clearly the benefit of profit comes into play as many more users would be content with purchasing the lower GB model if a memory slot was available.   I've owned Apple products since '92 and love their innovation, but this is an item where they could improve.  Upping the camera quality on the $100 model would also be an appeal, but I expect that wouldn't work out cost wise. 
    Hosing the user isn't the reason the SD card slot isn't included -- security and protection of the installed OS is. There's some user-experience here as well, as inexpensive SD cards are terribly slow.

If you want to expand video storage and whatnot, then get a Lightning flash drive, or a NAS with Files support.
    Could we assign that to you as a homework assignment to explain and expound on that?   As iOS devices delve further into the arena of traditional computers, that could be most interesting.
    Also:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/03/20/review-promise-apollo-cloud-2-duo-an-apple-centric-set-and-forget-network-attached-storage-appliance

This is also one of the reasons I maintain my home server, even with cloud services. Apps like GoodReader and other media consumption tools can "pull" content from it, rather than keeping it on board constantly.
    Thanks!   I didn't know about that.  (Same with the Lightening Flash Drive -- I knew those were available but didn't appreciate their sophistication.)
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Very disappointed that the max storage is 128Gb. My current iPad is 128gb and am frequently getting the warning that my iPad is full. Wanted to upgrade so I could have more storage. It’s difficult to justify the difference in extra money for a new pro just for more storage so I guess I’ll just stick with what I have. 
    At least for me, Apple seems to be doing a lot lately that has me Not upgrading to their new products.