Apple stops signing iOS 11.2.6 amid deluge of iOS 11.3 bug reports

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    rossb2 said:
    lkrupp said:
    The “reports” are wrong. I’m running iOS 11.3 on an iPhone 8 without any obvious bugs. I call BS on this article’s biased headline.
    You only have one iPhone model, there are at least 4 others you have not tried. 

The article mentions Bluetooth connection issues. Bluetooth seems to have changed. My 6s has a Bluetooth issue where the play button does not display the Bluetooth connection in the top right any more. I have to click in to the play button multiple time to get it to connect to my AirPods. This Looks like a bug, or it is a bad design decision.
    There is and iPhone X, 2 iPhone 8 Plus’ as well as iPhone 6s Plus in my household not having these buggy issues. There is also an iPad a pro 10.5 and iPad air 2 without these issues as  well. My gf uses AirPods throughout her work day. She has had an occasional connection issues with her AirPods prior to this update that either repairing the AirPods or restarting her phone fixed. 

So no I hardly think it’s a bad design decision which is just a silly wise ass remark, and really has nothing to do with this update, or the issue you are supposedly having with your AirPods.  

As I always ask...what steps have you taken to see if the issue is with AirPods or with the iOS device. I personally have heard of others having intermittent connection issues with AirPods going back to release which was well before iOS 11.3. 

• Reply 42 of 49
    I tried to restore to 11.2.6 on Friday due to the numerous bugs I was encountering on my iPhone X - I did submit bug report to the apple.com/feedback page, but ran out of text space to list all the issues. Settings - Cellular - frozen - doesn't allow any selection Setting Facetime -frozen - can't receive or make facetime calls Force restarted the phone (twice since updating to ISO 11.3 the day before) - finally got Facetime stting to show, and it complained that it wasn't enabled for Cellular - I was on Wi-fi at home - checked cellular (now working) and see that it's turned on for Facetime - I turn it off, and the warning for Facetime not enabled for cellular goes away. If I turn facetime cellular on, I get a warning that it's turned off. I couldn't type in an address on Safari search/address entry - keyboard freezes in mid-typing So far I can use the phone, but not for facetime. I was hoping to go back to 11.2.6 to get some stability back.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 43 of 49
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    jcs2305 said:
    So no I hardly think it’s a bad design decision which is just a silly wise ass remark, and really has nothing to do with this update, or the issue you are supposedly having with your AirPods.  
    Given the poor decisions and functionality re-design Apple has made in regards to WiFi and Bluetooth behavior re: Control Center and such, it's not entirely odd to wonder if it's a bug or a mistake related to the monkeying.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Is anyone else having major problems with the control center?  It will not let me swipe away  Per usual.  Also when I “voice to text” it no longer makes noise When pushing the microphone button. (May be a good thing). Other than that and a few mail notification bugs, it’s running good. 

*On another note: watchos 4.3  has been top notch for my Apple Watch 2 
  • Reply 45 of 49
    jsmythe00 said:
    SMH I'm still reeling from them not putting a fast charging pack in with the industrys most expensive phone
    Just a note that fast-charging isn't good for batteries... so they probably wanted a slower charge to be the standard, and fast-charge, the exception.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    jsmythe00 said:
    Then why put it in their phone. No i don't buy that and iithink you don't either.  Let not make excuses for Apple's money grab. Appl people Apple they wanted to squeeze every last time out of you. 
    This isn't about Apple... that's the case for everyone. It's a feature, as sometimes you need to charge as quickly as possible. I'm just noting that you shouldn't use it all the time, if you care about the health of your battery... and saying it's a possible reason not to include that kind of charger.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 47 of 49
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    jsmythe00 said:
    cgWerks said:
    jsmythe00 said:
    Then why put it in their phone. No i don't buy that and iithink you don't either.  Let not make excuses for Apple's money grab. Appl people Apple they wanted to squeeze every last time out of you. 
    This isn't about Apple... that's the case for everyone. It's a feature, as sometimes you need to charge as quickly as possible. I'm just noting that you shouldn't use it all the time, if you care about the health of your battery... and saying it's a possible reason not to include that kind of charger.

I don't buy your reasoning.  We all know these batteries degrade.  One of the reason to you buy an IPX is the conveniwconof charging wirelessly.  That's why apple put it on the phone. But to not have the option to use it out the box is greed. 

Same thing with the IP4 antenna issue.  You sell me a product that's defective, don't own up to it, but then charge me 20 bucks to fix your mistake.

Apple should have just given you that 10 cent bumper but instead saw another way to make money off you in a greedy way.  

Well...this money grab is a +1 for the Note 8,9
    But they did own up to it?  And then they gave away bumpers and case credits.  Not sure what you think your point is, but you just refuted it pretty conclusively.
    edited April 2018
  • Reply 48 of 49
    jsmythe00 said:
    I don't buy your reasoning.  We all know these batteries degrade.  One of the reason to you buy an IPX is the conveniwconof charging wirelessly.  That's why apple put it on the phone. But to not have the option to use it out the box is greed. 
    I'm not totally up on all this fast-charging and wireless-charging stuff (because I rarely need the former, and think the latter is a gimmick), but I think you've confused a couple of issues here. My understanding is that wireless charging is slower, not 'fast-charging'. Fast charging is when the phone can take advantage of USB/Lightning power supplies that put out more amperage. What I'm saying is that fast-charging is convenient (say, when you're on a quick layover at the airport, or the phone is low at the end of the day and you want some quick charge before you leave the office, etc.), but it isn't best for general charging. You want a slow-charger on your night-stand, for example.

If I made a phone that had fast-charging capability, I'd either include the slow-charger with it or include both slow and fast, with a disclaimer in the manual. What I'd imagine Apple is guilty of here as usual, if anything, is lack of communication and trying to out-smart the user.