iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition ships on April 13

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Well.. they got the black front right this year. Maybe next year they’ll get the logo right. Black instead of silver.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    wood1208 said:
    More power to you. Courage to have black front for RED iPhone and Apple proved it. Looks awesome.
    Yup! My iPhone X with the (PRODUCT) RED silicone case looks almost exactly like this. 
  • Reply 23 of 31
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    macxpress said:
    1983 said:
    Nice. Looks much better with black front though not sure why the Apple logo on the back is silver instead of red.
    The logo stands out better in silver than it would in red. Don’t forget that red glass back is now glossy and shiny too. It’s not the matt aluminum of previous iPhones.
    Maybe but the rose gold 8 has a rose gold logo and it looks great. I think it could have worked.

Like @tshapi said, if you're just gonna put it in a case then what difference does it make? And, I bet 80% or better of people put it in a case so maybe it would work, but in the end, nobody would see it anyways. 

This is nitpicking...Apple can't win! If Apple would have made the damn logo black or red, everyone would bitch about it not being silver. 
    Um, if the logo was red I doubt anyone would be asking why it’s not silver. All other phones the logo is color matched to the chassis. And if most people put their phone in cases then why have different colors at all in the first place? 
    I have my new iPhone 8 in a case and can see the back because I'm not a dummy I have a clear case.....
  • Reply 24 of 31
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member
    Space grey Apple logo would be better with the black glossy front.  I think somebody messed up in continuing with silver since does not go with red or black colors!  A nice solid black gloss Apple logo would be perfect in the back with the red color!
  • Reply 25 of 31
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    macxpress said:
    macxpress said:
    1983 said:
    Nice. Looks much better with black front though not sure why the Apple logo on the back is silver instead of red.
    The logo stands out better in silver than it would in red. Don’t forget that red glass back is now glossy and shiny too. It’s not the matt aluminum of previous iPhones.
    Maybe but the rose gold 8 has a rose gold logo and it looks great. I think it could have worked.

Like @tshapi said, if you're just gonna put it in a case then what difference does it make? And, I bet 80% or better of people put it in a case so maybe it would work, but in the end, nobody would see it anyways. 

This is nitpicking...Apple can't win! If Apple would have made the damn logo black or red, everyone would bitch about it not being silver. 
    Um, if the logo was red I doubt anyone would be asking why it’s not silver. All other phones the logo is color matched to the chassis. And if most people put their phone in cases then why have different colors at all in the first place? 
    macxpress said:
    macxpress said:
    1983 said:

Um, you don't know that and yes most people put their phone in a case. Ask Apple why they have colors, not me. If nobody puts their phone in a case, then why does Apple even sell cases?
    When did I say nobody puts their phone in cases? I think the back would look better with a color matched logo. Just like last year I thought the front would have looked better with a red Touch ID ring instead of silver. 
    Okay, but you made the impression that most people don't put their phone in a case so why does Apple even have colors. It doesn't matter what Apple does, people will still find something to complain about. 
    The phone is black and red. The silver logo seems out of place. I’d be curious to see what a mirrored red logo looks like.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Why couldn't they release this thing back in the fall?  Of course I also could've waited a few months but I'm impatient! 
  • Reply 27 of 31
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Well.. they got the black front right this year. Maybe next year they’ll get the logo right. Black instead of silver.
    So far we have people saying red logo is better, silver is better, and black is better.

Can't we all acknowledge that color preference is subjective, and there is no right answer -- there is just what they decided on, and either you like it even to buy or you don't. Just like anything else in the world. 
    muthuk_vanalingammacxpressrandominternetperson
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Space grey Apple logo would be better with the black glossy front.  I think somebody messed up in continuing with silver since does not go with red or black colors!  A nice solid black gloss Apple logo would be perfect in the back with the red color!
    I assume that making the logo silver involved not applying the "make it red" process to part of the case.  Making that black would (likely) be much more complicated and finicky, since it would (presumably) involve two separate, independent colorization "passes" which would have to align perfectly.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    My 7+ is in a red leather case.  Good enuff 
  • Reply 30 of 31
    ChuckitChuckit Posts: 18member
    The color will it work better with 11.3?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    If I had not already purchased an iPhone X I would 100% throw money down on the product red 8 Plus. The black front looks so nice.