Apple’s “Amazon Prime” is coming. Who’s subscribing?

thttht
Posted:
in General Discussion
Looks like Apple will go all in on an entertainment subscription service.

Apple Music is going well. They are spending billions on video content as we speak. They just bought Texture, a magazine subscription service. Rumor is that iBooks is getting a reboot or another push. iCloud related services are improving at a steady pace. Apple New is doing well imo.

So, maybe sometime this year or next, I bet Apple will include non music related content in its Apple Music subscription. Or, maybe they’ll come up an Apple “Prime” subscription, where for $20 per month, you’ll get access to music, books, magazines. It’ll expand to videos for a little more. Maybe for $50 per month, you can get 2 TB of network storage, music, videos, books. Maybe, for a little more, you can get into the iPhone program. Maybe for $100 per month, it can even expand to iPads and Macs.

Would you subscribe?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Depends on the price and the offerings, but I might subscribe. 
    I do pay for Amazon Prime... but that's a bit more than just music and shows.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 6
    If the Apple need to compete with the Netflix, i mean kind of very hard, but who knows, maybe they got their own shows that might attract a lot subscribers..
  • Reply 3 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    It wouldn’t be Apple’s version of Amazon Prime, it’d be Apple’s version of Netflix.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    thttht Posts: 5,444member
    It wouldn’t be Apple’s version of Amazon Prime, it’d be Apple’s version of Netflix.
    Whichever analogy, Apple can have a subscription service that includes music, network storage, video, and books. They also can add apps to the subscription service. They can add the iPhone subscription/leasing service. The subscription service is an enticement for them to sell their big ticket hardware and accessories. Not sure they want to do it like Amazon does with Prime, which is essentially an enticement using cheaper, better delivery, and digital content services as way for customers to buy more stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    For my family we'd need. 

Apple Music Family 
    2 TB iCloud storage 
    Access to Apple Original Content 
    DVR functionality 
    Local Channels via ANT or streaming 

$40 per month. 
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I would consider subscribing, but it would definitely depend on the price and the features that they offer. Although I'm not an Amazon Prime member, I am signed up for Netflix. I agree with some of the other user comments, as it may be difficult for Apple's version to compete with Netflix. In order to do so, I'd imagine them having to create their own unique shows or movies, in order to compete.