Lawsuit claims Apple cribbed Apple Watch heart rate sensor tech, hints at work on glucose ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Here they go again....target Apple 🍏 
    exactly. Apple bashers are always there to watch them and talk about them negatively.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 24
    As the patent stated near infer red light source and the Apple Watch uses a green light source. Hence I doubt the technologies are the same, beyond using an LED and a photoreceptor. In the hard sciences, (read physics, biology and chemistry) a patent must state far more clearly how something is achieved and only minor deviations (read improvements) can circumvent the patents. On an aside this makes patenting reaction buffers really difficult as all possible concentrations of the chemicals must be stated, and this must cover all the concentrations that allow a process to work and not just the optimal ones.  Further changing just one component such as replacing MgCl2 to MgSO4 as a source of Mg + ions could be enough. It is unfortunate this approach is not applied to the IT sector. If this was the case then using different LEDs and probably different algorithms would probably be enough . 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 24
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    As the patent stated near infer red light source and the Apple Watch uses a green light source. Hence I doubt the technologies are the same, beyond using an LED and a photoreceptor. In the hard sciences, (read physics, biology and chemistry) a patent must state far more clearly how something is achieved and only minor deviations (read improvements) can circumvent the patents. On an aside this makes patenting reaction buffers really difficult as all possible concentrations of the chemicals must be stated, and this must cover all the concentrations that allow a process to work and not just the optimal ones.  Further changing just one component such as replacing MgCl2 to MgSO4 as a source of Mg + ions could be enough. It is unfortunate this approach is not applied to the IT sector. If this was the case then using different LEDs and probably different algorithms would probably be enough . 
    Wait, so are you saying my patent for "using energy to propel a craft into space" may not be specific enough and my case against Virgin Galactic may not hold up?  
  • Reply 24 of 24
    HeliBumHeliBum Posts: 129member
    As I recall, the Supreme Court recently ruled that plaintiffs can be forced to file in the jurisdiction where they are incorporated and can't pick a jurisdiction just because it's favorable to them. If that's true, Apple could request a change in venue and it would likely be granted.