DirecTV Now extends free Apple TV 4K offer with 3 months of prepaid service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    This is an amazing deal! Mine arrived less than a week after signing up.
    potatoleeksoup
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Why does this article keep getting bumped?
    clexman
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Hang on, is DirecTV now something other than a satellite TV provider?  I've pretty much ignored every story and mailer about DirecTV because I'm not interested in dropping FiOS.  Is it now a way to get TV programming over the internet even if you have some other ISP?
  • Reply 24 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Is it now a way to get TV programming over the internet even if you have some other ISP?
    Well, yeah. If you live in southern California or somewhere else locked in a bubble with actually fast Internet, you can get either Dish or DirecTV in an over-the-internet format now. I don’t think it’s the whole package they offer otherwise, but it’s something.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Hang on, is DirecTV now something other than a satellite TV provider?  I've pretty much ignored every story and mailer about DirecTV because I'm not interested in dropping FiOS.  Is it now a way to get TV programming over the internet even if you have some other ISP?
    Yep, DirecTV Now is their streaming service, so you don't need a satellite dish. The content can be streamed using the free Apple TV 4K included in this promo or even through a browser. There are four packages to choose from depending on the number of channels you'd like. I use it regularly and plan to cancel my regular TV service once DVR functionality is deployed, most likely later this year.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/17/08/04/att-launching-beta-of-directv-now-dvr-functionality-including-iphone-apple-tv

• Reply 26 of 32
    otacorbotacorb Posts: 20member
    I got the original Apple TV with the 3 months of service.  I still have the $35 per month Go Big account.  I just did a 2nd account to get the Apple 4K TV and it arrived to me in 4 days.  I was shocked because the original was like 3 weeks.  I already cancelled the account with the 4K TV.  I let my so use it for the 3 months so he can see how well it works and then he can decide rather he wants the service or not.  I got my 4K apple TV :)
  • Reply 27 of 32
    clexmanclexman Posts: 209member
    Why does this article keep getting bumped?
    I was thinking the same thing. It must be a paid ad that's not labeled as one...
  • Reply 28 of 32
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    WHY DOES THIS STORY KEEP GETTING BUMPED?

AI, can you clarify if this is paid content? Doesn’t seem typical for promos. 
  • Reply 29 of 32
    WHY DOES THIS STORY KEEP GETTING BUMPED?

AI, can you clarify if this is paid content? Doesn’t seem typical for promos. 
    We may earn a commission on purchases made through the pricing links in the article, but this is not a sponsored post. Due to the value of the deal, the offer was featured on the AppleInsider homepage, causing it to be bumped in the forums.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    I am seriously considering getting this deal BUT, when the 3 month Direct TV service is over, What FREE services come with just Apple TV only?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    thewalter said:
    I am seriously considering getting this deal BUT, when the 3 month Direct TV service is over, What FREE services come with just Apple TV only?
    None? Why would there be? The hardware itself is $169, and this is cheaper than that.

it still streams properly encoded videos from iTunes, plays back your iTunes purchased videos, or can be an AirPlay target. Apps add other services or streaming methods from your own purchases.
    edited May 2018
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Prepay for 3 months of DTV Now and get the Apple TV 4K for FREE, correct?