Quantcast
Quantcount
Sekindo
SiteScout
Sizmek
TradeDesk
Tribal Fusion
Turn Inc.

For a site whose editorial stance appears to be pro-privacy and generally down on advertising… damn.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Editorial and production have a wall that we do not breach. I will point them here.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    What up. It's ya boi production here.

Seriously though, what Mike said is true; our editorial team is completely separated from any financial decisions made regarding the site. As far as your list is concerned, unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast in 2018, we're no worse than 90% of other publications out there. The whole ad-driven website market is a mess that only seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Google and Facebook are really destroying the ad economy for small independent publishers like us.

While the editors are generally pro-privacy, Apple is pro-privacy, and personally I am also pro-privacy, there are realities involved with running a site of this size with a staff this size. When we want to add someone to the staff, do a site redesign, add features to our price guides, or update the iOS apps, we have to budget carefully. The concession we make (until this whole dang thing comes crashing down) is to just dance with the devil. Yes I wish things were better, and I am sorry they are not. We will make adjustments here and there as we can and where needed, but I don't think there will be a day when the ads disappear.

C'est la vive.