Tim Cook debunks rumors of slow iPhone X sales

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

chasm said:
    You know you got today's information because of journalists, right?

I think you meant to say "stock analysts with 'sources'" there ...
    Today's information came straight from Apple itself in the earnings call.
    Alex1Nnetmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 49
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I hope the analysts who predicted the "failure" of the X lose their jobs and/or clients. Irresponsible rumor mongering should have some accountability. 
    Alex1Npslicewatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 49
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    DAalseth said:
    No analysts didn't blow the iPhone X predictions. They knew they were doing. They talked it and Apple down over the last two weeks. I suspect if you looked behind the scenes there was a lot of buying of AAPL. Today OMG the analysts were wrong! Look at the stock shoot up. Now they are quietly cashing in. Watch after hours. AAPL will likely drop as the manipulators sell.
    Exactly, when are people going to learn these analyses do this all the time.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 49
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    The wrong analyst that they are and still they are employed. They make $ in manipulating and spreading rumors, when would that be a crime??? Probably never
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 49
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    nunzy said:
    entropys said:
    I will regard my child raising a success if none of them ever decide to become a journalist. Scum sucking, bottom dwelling, narcissistic wannabes the lot of them.
    But don’t get me started on what I really think about the media.
    Even DED? Isn't he a journalist?
    DED is one of the worse example going.   The crap he is responsible for turns the stomach.
    SpamSandwichavon b7
  • Reply 26 of 49
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    And yet CNBC still runs with this garbage:

Alex1N
  • Reply 27 of 49
    mr lizard said:
    Mark Gurman totally dropped the ball on this one. His narrative this last week has been so consistent and so certain about the iPhone X waning in demand; to the point where it seemed definite that he had a cast iron source. But these results just blew that narrative out of the water. 

It’s hard to tell if he was under pressure from Bloomerg to pump the line, or if he genuinely believed he was onto something, or just took a punt. His predictions are usually rock solid but his credibility has taken a knock here. 
    It wasn’t just Gurman. Lots of sell side analysts were pushing this iPhone X is weak narrative. Heck even after Apple earnings were released Melissa Lee on CNBC was still incredibly negative calling the quarter ‘meh’. And another panalist worried about Apple being able to maintain popularity. Then they pivoted to bagging on the HomePod and how it means Apple is doomed in services. Unreal.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 28 of 49
    perpetual3perpetual3 Posts: 54member
    wood1208 said:
    gilly017 said:
    The rumor mill never gets tired of having egg in the face. Take that Bloomberg yah bunch of schmucks.

Even Forbe's two Apple related article writer idiot(Spensor and Gorden) who constantly bad mouse Apple and Apple products will need to eat their own S*t.
    Can’t stand Forbes. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 49
    KuyangkohKuyangkoh Posts: 838member
    CNBC, cancelled news bull crap
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 49
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    mr lizard said:
    Mark Gurman totally dropped the ball on this one. His narrative this last week has been so consistent and so certain about the iPhone X waning in demand; to the point where it seemed definite that he had a cast iron source. But these results just blew that narrative out of the water. 

It’s hard to tell if he was under pressure from Bloomerg to pump the line, or if he genuinely believed he was onto something, or just took a punt. His predictions are usually rock solid but his credibility has taken a knock here. 
    I think it’s much simpler. Gurman is bitter on Apple, a pro troll. He wants to believe they’re failing, so that’s the narrative he pushes. In the past he suggested Apple changed a product just to spite him and his published rumor which turned out wrong. He’s nuts. 
    netmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 49
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    wizard69 said:
    nunzy said:
    entropys said:
    I will regard my child raising a success if none of them ever decide to become a journalist. Scum sucking, bottom dwelling, narcissistic wannabes the lot of them.
    DED is one of the worse example going.   The crap he is responsible for turns the stomach.
    Only to butthurt trolls. That may explain your problem... The rest of us understand what an editorial columnist is. And that he happens to be right every damn week. 
    andrewj5790jax44Bluntradarthekatnetmagenunzymacxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 49
    andrewj5790andrewj5790 Posts: 296member
    Can’t wait for DED to get ahold of this story.
    radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 49
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    entropys said:
    Get real, stock and financial analysts are not journalists.
    radarthekatwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 49
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,929member
    Dammit - I was hoping slow sales would push Apple to drop the prices!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 49
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    nunzy said:
    entropys said:
    Oh, I don't think he is or attempts to be a journalist. He's an advocate or polemicist in favor of Apple.

You learn something new everyday! Thanks. I just learnt a new word today!
    SpamSandwichStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 49
    gilly017 said:
    The rumor mill never gets tired of having egg in the face. Take that Bloomberg yah bunch of schmucks.

The Bloomberg and Morgan Stanley forecasts were both correct (within 1%). What are you talking about?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 49
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    gilly017 said:

The Bloomberg and Morgan Stanley forecasts were both correct (within 1%). What are you talking about?

This story, probably:

Compare also this story:
    https://forums.appleinsider.com/discussion/205305/why-was-iphone-x-so-successful-at-999-despite-a-mountain-of-false-reporting#latest
    edited May 2018 netmageStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 49
    mr lizard said:

I think it’s much simpler. Gurman is bitter on Apple, a pro troll. He wants to believe they’re failing, so that’s the narrative he pushes. In the past he suggested Apple changed a product just to spite him and his published rumor which turned out wrong. He’s nuts. 
    But he’s the one who gets leaks from inside Apple. No question that leak memo the company put out was all about Gurman. But even though he gets leaks he’s not very good at interpreting things or adding color. At 9to5Mac he didn’t really need to do that. Once he moved to Bloomberg he had to add more filler/context  to his reports and that’s what he’s not very good at doing.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    horvatichorvatic Posts: 144member
    Again, if you try and predict Apple sales by there parts suppliers you will be getting false information as Apple regularly changes part suppliers. The amount of crappy reporting and doom and gloom from Anal-ists about Apple and its future was over the top in the last month. Please, just stop if you don't know or have the facts from the source. Your guessing and hoping for Apple's demise is pitiful.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 49
    liquidmarkliquidmark Posts: 120member
    hey. anyone else remember iPhone deathwatch?

People have been saying that iPhones were DOA since 2007. I don't know why anyone even listens to analysts anymore...
    pslicewatto_cobra