Here we go again: Apple's iPhone battery service terms igniting complaints from users

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    fred1 said:
    Incredibly pro-Apple journalism and incredibly pro-Apple and anti-British comments. Just what I expect when I read things here. Anything anyone who isn’t American does is immediately suspect and evil and Apple can do no wrong.

Yes, I can stop reading these articles, but I love the humor of the bias. 

“Here we go again”, indeed.

Gee, if only we hadn't taken issue with Apple discontinuing the airport, weren't the first to get numbers on the "bendgate" thing, and not done research on 2016 MacBook Pro keyboard failures! Plus, this is an editorial. Your opinion may vary.

And, this has nothing to do with the British -- just the BBC piece on the matter.
    Obviously I was referring to this article and to the comments that were made. 
  • Reply 42 of 45
    ShelterShelter Posts: 1member

Amazingly, there seems to be no coverage on another serious issue—iPhone 7 signal problem.

As a user of iPhone 7 since 2016, I personally experience very frequent and frustrating loss of signal, with Verizon in a big city. Lots of users are troubled with this issue as in the news, yet for a long time apple did not make any move, until earlier they quietly publish an article on their website providing free fix for all A1660 models sold in US. I am one of them but they did not even try to contact me, rather I saw it through a blog. A fix after more than 1 year, and they still tend to hide all of this. Here is their claim: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

If you are troubling by the same issue, make sure everyone around you with an iPhone 7 knows it. Thank you for spreading the words. You can also reach out to me by [email protected] to learn more about my experience. Definitely not apple for my next upgrade.

• Reply 43 of 45
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Shelter said:

Amazingly, there seems to be no coverage on another serious issue—iPhone 7 signal problem.

As a user of iPhone 7 since 2016, I personally experience very frequent and frustrating loss of signal, with Verizon in a big city. Lots of users are troubled with this issue as in the news, yet for a long time apple did not make any move, until earlier they quietly publish an article on their website providing free fix for all A1660 models sold in US. I am one of them but they did not even try to contact me, rather I saw it through a blog. A fix after more than 1 year, and they still tend to hide all of this. Here is their claim: https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

If you are troubling by the same issue, make sure everyone around you with an iPhone 7 knows it. Thank you for spreading the words. You can also reach out to me by [email protected] to learn more about my experience. Definitely not apple for my next upgrade.

We covered it on Feb 2.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/02/02/apple-activates-repair-program-for-iphone-7-models-impacted-by-no-service-issue
  • Reply 44 of 45
    edcedc Posts: 1member
    Just had this happen to us.  Took daughters phone in to have battery replaced.  Were not looking for free, warranty or a deal.  Was told the phone had a small amount of water stain around the ear area and therefore, no battery would be installed.  

So our proprietary phone became a desk paperweight.  The problem here is, if Apple does not want the extra possible liability, then make the parts available so we can fix our phones with genuine parts.  But that does not sell phones.  

So whats next Apple, tomorrow you dont like silver phones, so you dont repair those?