Apple VP Eddy Cue puts Lake Tahoe vacation home on sale for $11.9M

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2020
Apple's senior VP of internet software and services, Eddy Cue, has reportedly put his vacation home in Truckee, Calif. on sale for $11.9 million.

apple-cue-spoiled

Cue originally bought the land the house is on in 2010 for $1.2 million, Realtor.com said. It's unclear how much the executive spent during construction, which only finished in 2015, but the home spans some 7,900 square feet using stone, wood, and large glass panes.

The interior is as modern-looking as the outside, with ample room for guests whether eating, lounging, or sleeping. The master bedroom alone is larger than many studio apartments.

apple-cue-spoiled

apple-cue-spoiled

The home is about 30 minutes or less from Lake Tahoe, a popular getaway destination, especially for the rich. Surrounding Cue's property is Martis Camp, a development where people can golf and ski all year -- it even has a private chairlift, taking residents to the Northstar California ski resort. Other luxuries include facilities like a spa and fitness center.

Cue is a prominent figure at Apple, likely behind only Tim Cook and Jonathan Ive in name recognition. This is because he oversees many of the company's most prominent online platforms, including Apple Music, iTunes, Apple Pay, and iCloud.

It's not clear why Cue is selling the Truckee property, especially since services revenue was up 31 percent year-over-year in the March quarter to $9.19 billion. It could be that he isn't (or won't be) making much use of it, or simply wants to find a better spot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    pechapapechapa Posts: 1member
    Anyone else notice the old-school touch wheel iPod on the night stand next to the lamp?
    cornchiph2p
  • Reply 2 of 17
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Time for Eddy to retire?
    edited May 2018 yojimbo007patchythepirate
  • Reply 3 of 17
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,698member
    I’ll give you an even 10 mil Eddy. 
    Nice house. 
  • Reply 4 of 17
    pechapa said:
    Anyone else notice the old-school touch wheel iPod on the night stand next to the lamp?
    “We’ll throw that in for free if you buy the house today!”
    JinTechStrangeDays
  • Reply 5 of 17
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    I wish that meant he is leaving Apple..
    but it does not ..
    sigh 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 6 of 17
    hammeroftruthhammeroftruth Posts: 1,303member
    Poor guy works too hard to enjoy it. 
    I'm sure he needs the money though. 
    😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • Reply 7 of 17
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,564member
    Cue the Music. Might be a good tombstone inscription for him.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Cue the Music. Might be a good tombstone inscription for him.
    Or "Exit, Stage Left!"
  • Reply 9 of 17
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Eddy Cue doesn't really seem to me like much of an outdoor activities type of guy, which is pretty much all there is to do in the Lake Tahoe area. Most of the time that I see him on stage he looks hung over.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 10 of 17
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    I love a bunch of anonymous nobodies on a rumors site somehow believe they personally know how Cue is performing at the job (better than Tim Cook, his actually daily boss does) and likes to do in his free time. The hubris is amazing.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    I love a bunch of anonymous nobodies on a rumors site somehow believe they personally know how Cue is performing at the job (better than Tim Cook, his actually daily boss does) and likes to do in his free time. The hubris is amazing.
    Relax. No one's opinion here really makes a difference. That includes yours and mine.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    The best part of these photos is imagining the master of the house wandering through the rooms in his skivies. Perhaps wearing slippers.

But seriously, the guy deserves to be happy.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    That is a lovely house. Wish I could afford it.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Wants a better spot? Huh? 

How 'bout: Ten times return on investment, minus construction costs? He bought during the Recession, built during the rebound, is selling into a boom. Lotta one-percenters might enjoy those digs, in that location.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Wow, that's a beautiful house. A lot of places these days with $10m+ price tags, you look at it, and think "Meh, not really worth that much." But that place looks like it is worth that much.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 16 of 17
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Meh, can’t stand Eddy bloody Cue!
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Relax. No one's opinion here really makes a difference. That includes yours and mine.
    Relax.
    its ok for people to vent their completely valid emotions.
    Relax.
    It’s dismissive, demeaning, & rude to act like they must be “worked up” and thus anything they say, invalid.
    Relax.

ok... you should be good & relaxed now and no longer feel the need to be Mr. Internet Bossypants, telling people how they should or shouldn’t feel/what they should or shouldn’t say.