New Samsung ad takes shot at Apple over iPhone X notch, battery throttling controversy

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 69
    allmypeopleallmypeople Posts: 387member
    Batteries in general still suck in my opinion. I can't think of a single product I've owned (aside from maybe my pro Sony XDCAM) where I've really loved the battery life.
  • Reply 42 of 69
    A lot of smartphones will be using notches, so what? A lot of smartphones also lost their headphone jacks. It just takes time for certain things to become standards. There will certainly come a time when Samsung follows other manufacturers and ends up like everyone else. I don't think any manufacturer is right or wrong about what features they want to remove or add. That's their choice to satisfy whatever features they think their customers prefer in a smartphone.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 69
    uraharaurahara Posts: 313member
    mavemufc said:
    Strange that they’re comparing their newest phone to an iPhone 6 that is 4 years old, what a weird weird company, far too obsessed with Apple.
    Because if they compare to iPhone 8 or X Samsung would have lost. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 69
    flashfan207flashfan207 Posts: 288member
    Thats low, Apple never made an explosion ad.

    Screw Samsung, I'm not buying anything from Samsung ever!
    Yeah, no kidding. I don’t think Samsung should be throwing shade, lol. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 69
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 842member
    IreneW said:
    jcs2305 said:
    tokyojimu said:
    My iPhone 6 _is_ so slow, even after a battery replacement. Launching apps often takes 20 seconds. Does that mean I’m gonna buy an S9? I don’t think so. 
    It means you should probably restore your phone as new rather than from a backup.  
    Doesn't that remedy sound just a little bit familiar? 

    Like "just reinstall Windows and it will be okay"...

    No it doesn't actually. We do large updates over WIFI overlapping IOS versions... things can happen. A hiccup in Wifi can cause an issue with how your phone performs after update. I personally know folks still using iPhone 6 and 6 plus that don't have the slowdown issues that the OP described running 11.3.1.  I gave a suggestion as a way to eliminate software as a reason for the terrible slow down the OP described. If you restore and still have this behavior than the phone needs to be looked to see if hardware damage or defect is the cause of the poor performance.

    Simply put your phone shouldn't be dragging to open apps and acting sluggish under normal use..period.. there has to be a reason. Whether it be an offending app or a battery being throttled, software or hardware problems.  Personally I have never recommended a fresh install of windows to anyone unless the machine is so rocked with viruses/malware that it's not worth trying to clean up.


    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 69
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Did they edit out the part where they kick that iKnockoff user off the plane for having an explosive on board?

    Also, using fictional characters(notch haircuts) to make fun of Apple is very mature..... It's like a kindergarten bully making a funny face and saying "Look my name's Jimmy and I'm duuuuumb *blows raspberries*"


    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 69
    entropysentropys Posts: 1,897member
    mknelson said:
    Apple battery: rated for 80% after 500 cycles, Samsung 70% after 300 cycles?
    That would be quite an interesting investigation.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 69
    entropysentropys Posts: 1,897member
    As I recall, wasn’t the S6 absolute crap and a lot less reliable than the S5? Or iPhone 6 for that matter.
    edited May 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 69
    :D Hitting below the belt a bit, but it also hits a personal note with me.  Worth a chuckle or two.
  • Reply 50 of 69
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,052member
    Very misleading marketing! Apple is not selling iPhone 6. If Samsung is targeting iPhones still being used, it should try iPhone 5 or earlier. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 69
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    entropys said:
    As I recall, wasn’t the S6 absolute crap and a lot less reliable than the S5? Or iPhone 6 for that matter.
    Typical Sammy. Compare new Samsung iPhoney to old iPhones.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 69
    That was good and funny ad, sure to make Samsung owners feel confident in their smartphone of choice.

    The title “Moving On” is also very appropriate since, had she upgraded to the latest iPhone instead of a Samsung, it would have been titled “Moving Up”.
    claire1
  • Reply 53 of 69
    That’s funny. Can’t blame their marketing dept for trying. Out to lunch on the so-called battery issue, but hit an exposed nerve on the notch. I hate it (and a lot of iPhone X owners I know agree, but learn to live with it)!
  • Reply 54 of 69
    bshankbshank Posts: 165member
    Avieshek said:
    lkrupp said:
    And the really funny thing is this shit hasn’t had one iota of effect on Apple sales or customer satisfaction.
    It will. Even water bend rocks.
    Relentless like water. The amount of s—ts one must have to give to exert that amount of dedication to share an opinion on something you don’t like. 
    edited May 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 55 of 69
    bshankbshank Posts: 165member
    jcs2305 said:
    tokyojimu said:
    My iPhone 6 _is_ so slow, even after a battery replacement. Launching apps often takes 20 seconds. Does that mean I’m gonna buy an S9? I don’t think so. 
    It means you should probably restore your phone as new rather than from a backup.  Also glad to hear no S9 in your future. B)
    Yep, exactly. After years of stubbornly wanting to keep restoring from my old backup I succumbed to restoring my phone as new and manually putting my data back in my phone. Extremely noticeable difference restoring my phone as new. This is what comes with any form of computing. Android users have to reinstall their OS at times as well, as happens with any OS. 
    edited May 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 56 of 69
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 922member
    Reminds me of Avis trying to take on Hertz.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 57 of 69
    tokyojimutokyojimu Posts: 422member
    tokyojimu said:
    My iPhone 6 _is_ so slow, even after a battery replacement. Launching apps often takes 20 seconds.
    It means something is wrong, mine is not nearly as slow! Did you change the battery on an Apple authorized service provider?

    Yes, it was an official replacement at an Apple Store. The suggestion to restore as new has been made by the “geniuses” but I’m not willing to lose 11 years of iMessages as well as Health and other app data. 
  • Reply 58 of 69
    danvmdanvm Posts: 806member
    jcs2305 said:
    IreneW said:
    jcs2305 said:
    tokyojimu said:
    My iPhone 6 _is_ so slow, even after a battery replacement. Launching apps often takes 20 seconds. Does that mean I’m gonna buy an S9? I don’t think so. 
    It means you should probably restore your phone as new rather than from a backup.  
    Doesn't that remedy sound just a little bit familiar? 

    Like "just reinstall Windows and it will be okay"...

    No it doesn't actually. We do large updates over WIFI overlapping IOS versions... things can happen. A hiccup in Wifi can cause an issue with how your phone performs after update. I personally know folks still using iPhone 6 and 6 plus that don't have the slowdown issues that the OP described running 11.3.1.  I gave a suggestion as a way to eliminate software as a reason for the terrible slow down the OP described. If you restore and still have this behavior than the phone needs to be looked to see if hardware damage or defect is the cause of the poor performance.

    Simply put your phone shouldn't be dragging to open apps and acting sluggish under normal use..period.. there has to be a reason. Whether it be an offending app or a battery being throttled, software or hardware problems.  Personally I have never recommended a fresh install of windows to anyone unless the machine is so rocked with viruses/malware that it's not worth trying to clean up.


    I'm not sure WiFi issues causing problems with iOS upgrades.  From what I know, iOS download the full package before start the installation.  I have seen iPhone and iPads slow down too, and if you Google it, there is a long list of people with the same experience, and many of them solve the issue with a clean restore.  I agree with @IreneW , Windows was criticize for the same issues, and now we have the same experience in iOS. 
  • Reply 59 of 69
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,071member
    Samsung cannot see the irony inherent in their supposed 'mocking' ads. Desperate times call for desperate measure.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 69
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 5,288member
    While I appreciate all the comments trashing Samsung for trashing Apple over its handling of weak, worn out batteries, there is another underlying issue that nailed Apple right between the eyes:

    "Have you upgraded from your [very slow] iPhone 6 yet?"

    So, Apple supports older equipment with the current, modern, secure OS -- but then gets nailed because its older hardware slows under the load of the newer OS. 

    The trouble is,  they are right:  the iPhone 6 is slow.  Uncomfortably slow.  Yes, Apple could let its old, now insecure OS (what was it?  OS9?) run like Samsung does with no functional or security updates.   But, while this would probably solve the speed problem, it introduces a host of other issues...
Sign In or Register to comment.