Video: iPhone X vs Galaxy S9+ AR Gaming -- ARKit vs ARCore

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    IreneWIreneW Posts: 303member
    Soli said:
    My Google Pixel 2 has zero issues tracking like the S9. Maybe you should have actually used a phone from the same makers of the OS and ARCore just like you did for Apple in this comparison. Weak.
    steven n. said:
    3... 2.... 1....

but it you weren’t using the S9 correctly. Google and Samsung are far more innovative and capable than Apple. /s
    None of this would have happened with a Pixel 2 which would have been an actual good compariosn.
    It sure would be great to see a video that demonstrates and backs up your comment.
    Even better, why not compare ARCore and ARKit, both running on an iPhone X. OK, that would be a slight advantage for ARKit, but still an interesting show-off of the actual SW technologies.
    Soli
  • Reply 22 of 29
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    My Google Pixel 2 has zero issues tracking like the S9. Maybe you should have actually used a phone from the same makers of the OS and ARCore just like you did for Apple in this comparison. Weak.
    steven n. said:
    3... 2.... 1....

but it you weren’t using the S9 correctly. Google and Samsung are far more innovative and capable than Apple. /s
    None of this would have happened with a Pixel 2 which would have been an actual good compariosn.
    While it would be interesting to see the difference between the Pixel 2 and iPhone X, the Samsung S9 really is the more clear choice given Samsung will sell as many S9's in a week as Google will sell Pixel 2's in a year.
    king editor the gratebb-15watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    @AI, sorry for what I hope is a really stupid question:
    Considering the release dates (long before ARCore) and phone support (quite large) of most of the tested Android apps, are you sure they even use ARCore?
    I just downloaded and ran the Ikea app on my old Android spare phone, which definitely does not support ARCore.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Bottom line: in AR, best Android device is just pos!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    @AppleInsider, sorry for what I hope is a really stupid question:
    Considering the release dates (long before ARCore) and phone support (quite large) of most of the tested Android apps, are you sure they even use ARCore?
    I just downloaded and ran the Ikea app on my old Android spare phone, which definitely does not support ARCore.
    (Sorry for the repost, but the forum SW doesn't allow editing...)
  • Reply 26 of 29
    steven n. said:
    3... 2.... 1....

The S9+ actually sells in volume as opposed to the Pixel phone series. This is a good comparison for commonly used phones. It is likely that this is a Samsung issue as others mention that the Pixel phones work well.
    edited May 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 29
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    I see no reason at all to play AR games instead of traditional games. With traditional games can sit on a couch or chair and play the god damn game, while in AR games you need to stand like a dummy, find the angles and you look like a complete moron! This AR technology is "oh whatever". Sure I see some good uses like IKEA app but for gaming, please no.
    edited May 2018
  • Reply 28 of 29
    So @appleinsider, ; did you check if these apps actually uses ARCore? Otherwise I don't think this comparison really makes much sense...

• Reply 29 of 29
    @AppleInsider : I'd really like to hear your comment on this test - was it actually comparing the core and kit, as said in the text?

I think I already know the answer, and think an update from you would be sppropiate.