Apple rolls out iTunes 12.7.5 for macOS and Windows

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released an update to iTunes for macOS and Windows, bringing the music app up to version 12.7.5 with a number of "minor app and performance improvements" before the company ships its macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 update.

The iTunes 12.7.5 update text in the Mac App Store indicates there are no major changes being made to the app, but that it is purely for maintenance. Despite the lack of new features, the update is still a sizable 281 megabytes in size to download.

Users can download the update via the Mac App Store's Updates panel. For users unable to download through the Mac App Store, iTunes can also be acquired from the main iTunes download page, with Apple also providing access to downloads for legacy versions.

The last major update to iTunes, version 12.7.4 released in March, increased the focus on music videos, adding a new section for browsing and playing clips from its catalog. The section within the Browse tab includes exclusive content from artists, playlists including "Today's Video Hits," featured and new videos, and genre options.

The new iTunes version arrives shortly after Apple released updates for most of its operating systems, with users now able to download updates for iOS 11.4, tvOS 11.4, and watchOS 4.3.1. Apple is also expected to release an update for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 in the near future.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    So no Airplay 2 yet for macOS/iTunes yet it appears...the place I would use it most often (stereo Homepods on my office desk) EDIT: It seems if you set up the pair on iOS, it will populate shortly thereafter in iTunes as the Homekit room name. No way to apply EQ at the moment, or a way to adjust balance if necessary. But it sounds great regardless...
    edited May 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Disappointing: Apple did not repair the broken grid view for audiobooks.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    greg uvangreg uvan Posts: 86member
    I know what it's like to have a pet bug that's annoying, and then to eagerly await an update in hopes that it'll get fixed, only to discover that it hasn't been addressed. 

(Heh, like, how about all the little things in the Finder that annoy me, and haven't been addressed ever.) 

But, I try not to let those minor disappointments overshadow my appreciation of the things they do work on. The features that are added, and the improvements that are made in innumerable other small places.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 13
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    People still use iTunes? 
    Lol

• Reply 5 of 13
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    bitmod said:
    People still use iTunes? 
    Lol

And Apple still updates it! Like they did today!

Why would I use my iPhone if I have a 27" iMac to browse, search,  and play my music from?

bonobobStrangeDayszeus423elijahgjony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 13
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,255member
    Despite the lack of new features, the update is still a sizable 281 megabytes in size to download.”

A rather awkward sentence here. 
    StrangeDayselijahg2774SpamSandwich
  • Reply 7 of 13
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    I accidentally downgraded to 12.7 a while back.

Then I upgraded to 12.6.3 - it works a lot better.
    zeus423
  • Reply 8 of 13
    CiprolCiprol Posts: 53member
    darkvader said:
    Then I upgraded to 12.6.3 - it works a lot better.
    The latest there is 12.6.4.3. Not sure if there's a corresponding update with the release of 12.7.5.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    How about giving us the ability to resize artwork, Apple? You know, like was in every version of iTunes until just a few years ago?
    pscooter63SpamSandwich
  • Reply 10 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    greg uvan said:
    I know what it's like to have a pet bug that's annoying, and then to eagerly await an update in hopes that it'll get fixed, only to discover that it hasn't been addressed. 

(Heh, like, how about all the little things in the Finder that annoy me, and haven't been addressed ever.) 

But, I try not to let those minor disappointments overshadow my appreciation of the things they do work on. The features that are added, and the improvements that are made in innumerable other small places.
    Some people, like most posters here, fixate on the negative and are simply unable to enjoy the software at all. All they think about is how this or that feature does or doesn’t exist or does or doesn’t work the way they want it to. They spend their waking hours bitching and moaning about their fixations making the software or hardware unusable. Their Mac, their iPhone, their Watch are useless pieces of junk because they can’t get around their psychosis of negativity.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 13
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    lkrupp said:
    greg uvan said:

Some people, like most posters here, fixate on the negative and are simply unable to enjoy the software at all. All they think about is how this or that feature does or doesn’t exist or does or doesn’t work the way they want it to. They spend their waking hours bitching and moaning about their fixations making the software or hardware unusable. Their Mac, their iPhone, their Watch are useless pieces of junk because they can’t get around their psychosis of negativity.
    Maybe you caught a bit of negativity (against posters this time) yourself?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    exadboyexadboy Posts: 6member
    The iOS update does not fix the horrible audio glitching bug which affects playback in iTunes and the Audible app several times a day (and perhaps in other audio apps, I'm not sure.) This has been hanging around for months, and it's shocking that it hasn't been addressed.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    How about giving us the ability to resize artwork, Apple? You know, like was in every version of iTunes until just a few years ago?
    Good grief, yes! iTunes today is a UI/UX disaster.
    edited June 2018