Apple issues first developer beta of macOS 10.13.6 [u]

Posted:
in macOS edited May 2018
Apple has provided macOS 10.13.6 to developers for testing on Wednesday, the fourth beta macOS release for the operating system in May alone, with macOS 10.13.5 yet to be released.

The beta code is available to download from the Apple Developer Center, for developers registered into the testing program. A public beta version is typically provided a few days after the developer variant is seeded.

The new beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 has build number 17G31f, while the fifth beta of High Sierra 10.13.5 has build number 17F70a.

The main feature inclusion in the 10.13.5 betas has been support for Messages in iCloud, allowing it to work with the counterpart feature in the iOS betas. The feature synchronizes a user's messages stack between multiple devices logged into the same iCloud account, with old messages stored online but downloaded when required.

The release notes for the new beta do not detail any new inclusions in macOS 10.13.6.

AppleInsider is currently testing out the new code to find out what changes have been introduced, if any.

AppleInsider, and Apple itself, strongly advise against installing beta releases on mission-critical hardware, due to the potential loss of data. Use secondary devices for beta testing, where available, and keep backups of any important data before installation or updating the software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    I wonder what happened to 10.3.5, not released at same time as other updates. Most likely just a last minute showstopper bug they want to fix, but could also be new drivers for new Macs and they don't want to let the cat out of the bag before Monday.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    I never install iOS, watchOS, or even tvOS updates till I get the macOS updates. Especially this time, with the iCloud iMessages? Hellz no... The past two month messaging has been wonky as it is. With out of order messages etc. I gotta have (my pops) my iMessage devices all in "Updated Version Sync..." Just some advice... I think they release the iOS etc to people cause what half the community of iPhone people don't even have macs?
    edited May 2018
  • Reply 3 of 4
    What happened to Apple adding APFS compatability for use with hybrid drives?  I have a 256GB SSD and Tardisk 256GB paired to the Apple SSD. My MBP sees this 512GB combo as a hybrid drive. Is Apple not going to address this problem?