Paul Manafort's iPod, ex-Apple employee's $243K embezzlement, and other news from the Appl...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    sdw2001 said:
    ronn said:
    sdw2001 said:

I realize this will likely be deleted, but that attitude is exactly the problem.  AI has banned ALL political opinions, even as they relate to Apple directly.  
    Unfortunately, political discussions descend into chaos and off-topic nonsense. I wish AI would have a dedicated political section, but understand that still takes a lot of oversight and energy that may not be worth it for AI.

A newbie, I see.  We had one until last year.  We had AppleOutsider, then a sub-thread called PoliticalOutsider for like 15 years.  
    Far from a newbie. And my point stands: it's not worth it to AI in terms of moderation for a stinking pile of garbage that politics brings. If members don't agree with it they can always look elsewhere or build their own.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    sdw2001's account is old enough to drive a car, but I don't think yours only being 14yo makes you a newb.

• Reply 23 of 26
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Mike Wuerthele said:
    negative domain-wide impact on SEO
    Isn’t it interesting how the handful of executives in charge of search engine companies have the power to dictate all the discourse of billions of people on the Internet.

I think that’s interesting.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Soli said:
    claire1 said:
    Have any iPhones locked with a passcode ever been unlocked?
    Of course.
    I mean without knowing the passcode. There seems to be claims but no proof.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    claire1 said:
    Soli said:
    claire1 said:
    Have any iPhones locked with a passcode ever been unlocked?
    Of course.
    I mean without knowing the passcode. There seems to be claims but no proof.
    The word is the San Bernardino iPhone was passcode was cracked and with the original setup you only needed to have a four digit combination which is only 10k options. Then there's GreyKey which I believe was effective and drove Apple to this iOS 12 feature to lock the USB port after one hour of non-use.

Then you have social hacking and people tend to use the same passcodes (both PINs and passwords) for most things, as well as numbers that mean something to them, so I'm sure its been done countless times over the years.
    edited June 2018
  • Reply 26 of 26
    leehammleehamm Posts: 58member
    tzeshan said:
    Can you check the validity of this story.  I saw a video the custom official of some country opened two iPhones and found drugs inside. This crime is punishable for death. The traveler was asked by a friend to help bring the iPhones to that country. 
    There's this story from January 2018: