Hands on with the new ARKit Measure app in iOS 12

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    toysandmetoysandme Posts: 243member
    I kept waiting for the part where they would use a 12 inch ruler but it never happened! I hear that the new generation can’t figure out how to use a phone with a rotary dial so perhaps this is where the problem is. 
  • Reply 22 of 26
    I agree that, currently, this type of functionality is mainly about convenience and getting ballpark measurements for space.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    toysandme said:
    I kept waiting for the part where they would use a 12 inch ruler but it never happened! I hear that the new generation can’t figure out how to use a phone with a rotary dial so perhaps this is where the problem is. 
    Most people these days don't even know how to use a ruler. With fewer and fewer young people going into crafts and trades they have little experience measuring anything precisely. A lot of people in the US don't even know what a millimeter or centimeter is and many, at best, can only recognize the half inch or quarter inch marks on a ruler. Sad really.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    All this app is going to be awesome, just think what you can measure with it. Smile!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    SendMcjakSendMcjak Posts: 66unconfirmed, member
    All this app is going to be awesome, just think what you can measure with it. Smile!
    I like where this guy’s head’s at ...
  • Reply 26 of 26
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,249member
    SendMcjak said:
    I like where this guy’s head’s at ...
    Which head?