Steve Wozniak suggests Tesla, not Apple, will create the next successful tech moonshot

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Being who he is, one would think he'd learn to not answer such questions occasionally.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    holyone said:
    holyone said:
    Revolutionary things come from revolutionary people, and sadly Apple lost theirs having first fired him then got him back, there more one looks around beyond Apple fandom the more noticeable how intrinsic and inseparable dynamic leaders are to the companies they lead. What is Tesla if not Musk, what is Amazon if not Bezos and if this assertion hold true then what is Apple if not Jobs, how much of these companies is essentially the will and vision of these guys and can they be the same with out them.
    It's nice rhetoric, but not law. Disney is still cranking out magic despite losing its founder. I'm sure there are others if you look for it.
    Man SrangeDays you enjoy posting on other's post but I'm great full you challenged my points instead of some dismissive and condescending comment, thanks.  

To the excellent point you raise, true Disney is still cranking up the magic and Ford still makes cars, but when Walt ran things Disney created Mikey mouse and Lion king nothing recently comes anywhere close to those in endurance and cultural relevance, and there's nothing much to be said about morden Ford really other then they're still around. I'm not saying the death of the leader means the company withers and die, that would mean that those companies were not that impressive to begin with, Disney won't just die, Walts' efforts like Steve's were just too monumental and heculian to be so easily squandered, even by the most incompetent successor. what I'm saying is that these companies are never ever going to be the same as what made them so special was so closely link to the people who in many cases founded them, and lead them to great success and how that in many ways is the way of nature, like how there have been many musicians who've come and many to come still but there'll only be one Mickael Jackson
    Holy crap!!!!!
    Lol, PLEASE tell me you don’t believe Walt was running Disney when they made Lion King!
    Exactly how old are you???
    I remember Lion King came out my senior year of high school, (1994), whereas Walt Disney was dead a full decade before I was born, (1966).
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 83 of 87
    MelSMelS Posts: 2member
    Woz is absolutely correct about Apple. It has become too big and also since Jobs passed away the "think different" concept within Apple has lost out to "think the same," paranoid, "afraid to make a change" corporate mindset. This pervades Apple - especially "Apple Channel Sales" which certifies perspective resellers and VAR's. For years there has not been any fresh ideas injected into their marketing strategy and Apple has squashed VAR's in favor of Apple's own retail storefronts so now there are no expert resellers out there servicing local corporate accounts. Because of this lack of understanding of how to deal with corporate IT departments, Apple's Macintosh corporate market share has not grown significantly in years. Apple's beautiful retail storefronts do not attract corporate IT people. In fact if anything it drives them away. Apple remains clueless on how to penetrate corporate sales and top management still does not get it that there is no substitute for having locally owned dealers and VAR's knocking on the doors of the corporate customers they know and work with every day. 
  • Reply 84 of 87
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    MelS said:
    Woz is absolutely correct about Apple. It has become too big and also since Jobs passed away the "think different" concept within Apple has lost out to "think the same," paranoid, "afraid to make a change" corporate mindset. This pervades Apple - especially "Apple Channel Sales" which certifies perspective resellers and VAR's. For years there has not been any fresh ideas injected into their marketing strategy and Apple has squashed VAR's in favor of Apple's own retail storefronts so now there are no expert resellers out there servicing local corporate accounts. Because of this lack of understanding of how to deal with corporate IT departments, Apple's Macintosh corporate market share has not grown significantly in years. Apple's beautiful retail storefronts do not attract corporate IT people. In fact if anything it drives them away. Apple remains clueless on how to penetrate corporate sales and top management still does not get it that there is no substitute for having locally owned dealers and VAR's knocking on the doors of the corporate customers they know and work with every day. 
    Steve was a guy who embraced conflict, which led to numerous breakthroughs. Cook prefers a harmonious environment. It makes things easier to manage and predict. Maybe Cook should bring back Scott Forstall and let him loose.
  • Reply 85 of 87
    M. woz, apple is Billion company now, Tesla still struggling. But Don’t shut up 🤐 the more you talk, the better for Apple.
    Still, I can’t understand why you hate so much Apple.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    holyone said:
    Disney is still cranking up the magic and Ford still makes cars, but when Walt ran things Disney created Mikey mouse and Lion king nothing recently comes anywhere close to those in endurance and cultural relevance.
    Lion King (1994) happened 28 years after the death of Walt Disney (1966). Did you mean that Lion King doesn't come close to the endurance and cultural relevance of Mickey Mouse? That's arguable.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    Elon Musk and Steve Jobs both have/had the vision-thing. Woz is little more than a pundit. (and Elon appears to be imploding emotionally...hope he doesn't implode his companies at the same time).