Starbucks bought 23,000 iPads for racial bias training day

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Im not sure why people even do Starbucks so i only have a passing interest here.   However what bothers me about this story is we onky hear one side of the story.   I can remember being kicked out of a resturant, as a group of guys, and having no idea why.   In that case everyone of us was white.  

As unfair as that felt we really need to avoid a world where resturants cant manage their clientel.  I actually think Starbucks has made a long term error here and will see many of its shops turn into cess pools. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 39
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    Pretty sure they got a good discount on those.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 39
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    wizard69 said:
    As unfair as that felt we really need to avoid a world where resturants cant manage their clientel.  I actually think Starbucks has made a long term error here and will see many of its shops turn into cess pools. 
    People haven’t had their 1st amendment rights for decades now. Starbucks’ guidance is down and 150 stores closed, if that means anything.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 39
     A waste of money and time.
    tallest skilSpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 39
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    I’d suggest they add some Apple TVs to the mix and connect them to a big screen TV in each store so they can do group/team training in addition to the individual training on the iPads. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 39
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    macxpress said:
    Why not put the iPads in place as kiosks where customers can order what they want from there and then use ApplePay to pay for it? Although, I guess thats making the people working there not needed as much other than making what someone ordered. 
    That would be nice, I like that system at Wawa. But it would duplicate their app to a degree. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 39
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    The very notion that adults actually require “training” in this.  :D
    Gold. 

Next month, a bonus two-fer: shoe-lace tying training day, and how to leave your house in the morning without hurting yourself training day. 
    edited June 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 39
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    mike54 said:
    Looking from outside, the US is obsessed with race, so much so that it makes racism even worse.
    Collectivism has really done a number on the thinking processes of people in America.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    mike54 said:
    Looking from outside, the US is obsessed with race, so much so that it makes racism even worse.
    Ignore the media. Nothing they say is accurate.
    SpamSandwichanton zuykovwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 39
    anton zuykovanton zuykov Posts: 1,056member
    urahara said:
    Were those black or white iPads? ;)
    You mean, African American and caucasian iPads!
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 31 of 39
    nunzy said:
    This is not a surprise. Starbucks is an industry leader and so they choose products from an industry leader.

Starbucks and Apple are pretty much exactly the same in a lot of ways.

Except that one makes great products and the other offers burnt coffee in 3 sizes.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 39
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,009member
    I suspected this thread would bring them out. I was not wrong.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 39
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    AppleZulu said:
    I suspected this thread would bring them out. I was not wrong.
    You should see what's been deleted.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 39
    ronnronn Posts: 654member
    macxpress said:
    slurpy said:
    nunzy said:
    This is not a surprise. Starbucks is an industry leader and so they choose products from an industry leader.

Starbucks is only an "industry leader" in terms of their branding. Their coffee is complete shit, and I get a much, much better cup of coffee at pretty much any other coffee shop for cheaper. But yeah, they've got a lot of fans for whatever reason.
    I disagree...I love their expresso (Latte's). People don't stand in line every morning for a shitty cup of coffee. 

People in my area love Dunkin Donuts Coffee which I cannot stand. To each their own I guess...
    McDonald's and Dunkin have horrible, horrible coffee, especially the  former. No wonder it's only $1. If you found an ancient sneaker in the back of your closet and poured boiling water in it and then poured it in a mug it probably would taste better.

The espresso drinks at Starbucks are good and for many, so are the blended beverages during warmer weather. When I use to drink tea they were my go to place. It's mostly about the convenience. Local cafes often don't have the space nor the variety and sometimes the pricing is about the same, if not higher than Starbucks.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 39
    anton zuykovanton zuykov Posts: 1,056member
    ZRyser said:
    razorpit said:
    Howard Schultz no longer a part of Starbucks, so maybe someone will right the ship and get back to concentrating on their business?
    No please, this helps with the stock valuation. We need more virtue signaling CEO's not less.

Common Whole Foods, I know there just has to be an employe that "wronged" a non-white male in some form or fashion.
    Non-white non-male would actually score more points on the intersectionality chart, thus sending a stronger virtue signal, than a mere non-white male would.
    Being a paraplegic would add more extra points according to a progressive stack too! 
  • Reply 36 of 39
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    nunzy said:

Image result for westbrook what

I know you are a pure cheerleader.... but come on man. B)
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Atomic77Atomic77 Posts: 64member
    Starbucks is a brand Apple is a brand so together you get 2 brands. And 2 is better than one.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,009member
    The very notion that adults actually require “training” in this.  :D
    Gold. 

Next month, a bonus two-fer: shoe-lace tying training day, and how to leave your house in the morning without hurting yourself training day. 
    As it turns out, a surprising number of adults seemingly failed some critical lessons in kindergarten. 
    watto_cobra