Canadian sues Apple over Apple Watch scratches that he made [u]

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    ItsDeCia said:
    As a Canadian myself, I am absolutely embarrassed that such a lawsuit could even be filed for something as ridiculous as this. This is a total joke.
    He’s probably an American that’s living in Canada.

look at the attached blaster photo...notice how scratched up it is. Far worse than it should be, and yet it sold for a lot more than it should have (used). I wouldn’t be surprised if it no longer worked 

• Reply 82 of 84
    I do agree that "scratch-resistant" is a lie, but marketing has been like this for decades. I think it's the proliferation of dumb/entitled folks that stuff like this is actually being challenged. Most people accept that scratch-proof is pretty much impossible, especially on a mass-produced consumer product, regardless of what the packaging says.

I remember the shatter-resistant plastic rulers in school... put it to the test on day one, shattered.  :D
  • Reply 83 of 84
    adm1 said:
    I do agree that "scratch-resistant" is a lie, but marketing has been like this for decades. I think it's the proliferation of dumb/entitled folks that stuff like this is actually being challenged. Most people accept that scratch-proof is pretty much impossible, especially on a mass-produced consumer product, regardless of what the packaging says.
    I’m confused by your post.  First you say that scratch-resistance “is a lie” and then 2 sentences later you say “Most people accept that scratch-proof is pretty much impossible...”.  Scratch-resistance and scratch-proof are not the same thing but it appears you are using them as if they are.  Or you relize they are different but think one is impossible and the other is not real.  Maybe I’m just reading it wrong.

It’s the same as water-proof and water-resistant.  My Apple Watch is surely water-resistant, I’ve been swimming with my Gen 0 up to 10-12 feet deep and showered with it almost daily.  No issues there.  But I wouldn’t say it’s water-proof.  I imagine if I went deep enough those little seals would give out.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    adm1 said:
    I’m confused by your post.  First you say that scratch-resistance “is a lie” and then 2 sentences later you say “Most people accept that scratch-proof is pretty much impossible...”.  Scratch-resistance and scratch-proof are not the same thing but it appears you are using them as if they are.  Or you relize they are different but think one is impossible and the other is not real.  Maybe I’m just reading it wrong.

It’s the same as water-proof and water-resistant.  My Apple Watch is surely water-resistant, I’ve been swimming with my Gen 0 up to 10-12 feet deep and showered with it almost daily.  No issues there.  But I wouldn’t say it’s water-proof.  I imagine if I went deep enough those little seals would give out.
    No watch.is waterproof. My old Omega, was water resistant to 1,200 meters. But if it failed, Omega themselves had to verify that it was due to a factory defect. If it wasn’t, screw the warranty on that $5,000 Watch. That’s from the 1990’s pricing.