Comparing AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & Verizon's 'unlimited' wireless plans for iPhone in 2018...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Personally I believe Sprint has the worse customer service and horrible cell phone service. Dropped calls and long downloads that usually never complete. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and Sprint has to be the worse carrier. I even heard metro pcs and cricket have better cell phone service? I finally left sprint (what a nightmare) and have Tmobile! I am so happy I made the switch🙂
  • Reply 22 of 32

Wow, looks like USA is more backwards than I ever imagined when it comes to internet connectivity through mobile phones!!! Just unbelievable for a person like me from India, supposedly a third world country. I am paying little less than $9 for 3 months - i.e. $3 per month for 30GB data + Unlimited Calls + 2000 SMS. Just goes to show how much government and business (in this case carriers in USA) together can screw up customers.

• Reply 23 of 32
    kiowavtkiowavt Posts: 95member
    I love T-Mobile. When abroad. Free texting and date ( slow, but good enough). 20 cent/minute phone calls. Wifi calling works well. But in the USA they are the UN-Carrier indeed. Bad reception. Travel for work. One hotel only get reception on one side. So many cases like that. Some hotels I can't even stay in due to bad reception. In rural Indiana (flat, and not far from main cities) I have to do wifi calling via the Verizon myfi unit my company supplies. But I grit my teeth until, like today, I am abroad. And on the 55+ plan, so hard to complain due to the low cost.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    nana14nana14 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    We've had TMobile .for 14 years......family plan 120 a month. with 5 lines. Free Netflix.....been extremely happy with them.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    I switched from Sprint to Verizon's GoUnlimited. Data speed was worse than Sprint most of the time. You can, and usually are, throttled on the first day of your billing cycle, making data painful quite frequently. I don't live in a heavily congested area, so I can't imagine that an issue. I was told the throttling would only happen under heavy congestion, such as a large event with a lot of people hogging up a bunch of data, like a concert or similar. Not true at all. The only way around it is to pay the extra $10 per phone for BeyondUnlimited. That pretty much solved the issue, but it's costing us an extra $20 per month on 2 of the phones on our account. At least they finally started allowing customers to choose which unlimited type is needed per phone, instead of forcing all phones on the account to be on the same one. That's at least saving us $20 per month. 

I'm in a fairly rural area, and frequently take trips to areas with generally bad coverage, even for Verizon. Surprisingly, my iPad Pro on T-Mobile had better coverage on that trip. It really has me considering a jump at some point. 
  • Reply 26 of 32
    YP101YP101 Posts: 160member
    India can do that because government control the price. That means the big brother can look at you what you doing on internet, texting & talking all day long without your consent,

Basically in USA, single line phone service is expensive. If your family is more than 4 people then family plan is way to go.
    I think most of USA carrier has $40 per line for 4 people family plan.
    I have Verizon unlimited Go plan and paying $175.48 per month($43.87 per line. I used to have 10GB+2GB bonus plan with my company discount still paid over $160 per month. Unlimited plan is way to go for 4 line and above.)
    I never turn on WiFi since I move to unlimited plan. most app download and update also done through LTE.
    I don't think 4 people can't use 22GB per month unless you watching video.

I am more concern about iPhone antenna bar. I am living pretty close to NYC, I can only get 2-3 bar max. Most of times, only 2 bar showing all day long.
    edited June 2018
  • Reply 27 of 32
    65026502 Posts: 380member
    6502 said:

Wow, looks like USA is more backwards than I ever imagined when it comes to internet connectivity through mobile phones!!! Just unbelievable for a person like me from India, supposedly a third world country. I am paying little less than $9 for 3 months - i.e. $3 per month for 30GB data + Unlimited Calls + 2000 SMS. Just goes to show how much government and business (in this case carriers in USA) together can screw up customers.

Yes, we are completely backwards, we rape young girls on trains all the time. You can have your $3 plan, I'm more than happy with my $35 plan and living in the United States.
    Come on, internet connectivity is just one small aspect of the life. So I can understand why you would be more happy living in USA than India or other countries of your choice. But that does NOT mean that you demand less from your carriers and government. What is stopping you from demanding better in THIS aspect?
    I can demand all I want but nothing is going to change, we are a free market society. Besides, $35/mo (or $25 on a family plan) is not that onerous based on my household income. When I first got my iPhone 4s I was paying even more for only 200 MB of data with overages if I wasn't careful. $32/mo is not enough to make me want to move to India nor does it seem enough for Indians to stay in India - based my observations from living in the Bay Area.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    ktappe said:
    I'm a legacy AT&T user, by which I mean I signed on with AT&T when I got my iPhone 3G 'cos they were literally the only carrier supporting the iPhone at that time. To date I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, but I received an email from AT&T last month saying they were increasing the cost for all legacy unlimited users by $5. Not cool. As I'm not a heavy data user, I'm going to call and ask them to confirm that then see if they'll waive the fee. If not, I'll take my AT&T bill to T-Mobile and ask them to beat it, which I bet they can & will. I have T-Mobile for my iPad and their customer service has been outstanding; I won't hesitate to tell AT&T goodbye after a dozen years if I have to. I'm not happy with AT&T's recent anti net neutrality lobbying efforts, so it will be refreshing to tell them to pound sand for that reason alone.
    Just get out. The grandfathered unlimited plan is in no way worth it. You can't even tether. I was paying around $100/mo on AT&T with that "deal" and am now at $60 for One Plus w/T-Mobile which includes free GoGo inflight wifi and 2x roaming speed when traveling abroad. AT&T's roaming plans were the biggest ripoff ever.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    rkehlorrkehlor Posts: 3member
    @AI author Roger Fingas - Are you saying that T-Mobile doesn't offer LTE, and only 4G? Doesn't sound right... also, T-Mobile offers free international roaming data, I thought ... I am considering switching. Something about your t-mo summary doesn't seem accurate.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    I think you’ve missed on some points for T-Mobile. Personally, I would like to see a write up for family plans, but I get why you didn’t go that route. 

I have the T-Mo One Plan with 9, yes 9 Devices, 8 iPhones and an iPad to be exact for $260 all fees included. Unlimited talk & text. Unlimited data throttled after 50Gb (only when in a congested area). 10Gb of Tethered, No limit to HD quality, Binge On (Qualifying audio/video streaming services don’t count against your data). T-Mo Tuesday’s (Free Stuff ranging from accessories to gift cards), Netflix with 2+ lines, $10 Kickback if you use under 2Gb/month ($10 discount on the following month of service if you use under 2Gb), CALLER ID free for primary line, $5 for each additional line (Sounds stupid, but this is real CALLER ID, like what you’d expect from a LAN Line). FREE SPAM ID, FREE SPAM BLOCKING. Unlimited International text and data.

Most of the year my monthly bill is $210-220 from 4-5 lines using under 2Gb. If all lines are above 2Gb, I’ll be at $260. If you do the math, 260/9 = $28.89/line. At $220, 220/9 = $24.44. Lastly $210, 210/9 = $23.33. Also take into account the $10 you don’t have to pay for netflix, and it’s a KILLER deal. 

Even thier 4 line package is awesome. 4 Lines for $160. $40 per line, additional lines are $20 each after that. 

In in my case everyone is an adult, with the exception of my iPad, My ipad is for my kids when we go on a road trip and I need to keep them quiet. Stream a movie from Netflix and call it a day. I divided the cost of the plan per line so my wife and I technically only play at most $80 for our 3 devices. My inlaws $90, my father, brother & sister in-law $90. I pay less, cause I manage the account and deal with any problems call it an administrator bonus :smiley:  
    edited June 2018
  • Reply 31 of 32
    sirozhasirozha Posts: 801member
    I’m on T-Mobile One Plus, and when I traveled to Canada twice last year, I loved the coverage. I had 22 GB of LTE data and 10 GB of LTE tethering per month in Canada in 2017. 

This year when I landed in Canada, I got a diffeeent text from T-Mobile about the data usage in Canada than the text that I received in 2017. So, I clicked on the link and read the T-mobile post on the data usage in Canada and Mexico. It turns out T-Mobile reduced LTE data in Canada and Mexico to 5 GB. I’m now trying to get on Wi-Fi everywhere in Canada, whereas I didn’t bother to do it last year. This was an 80% reduction in the monthly LTE data quota for Mexico and Canada that was implemented by T-Mobile in the fall of 2017. 

Not cool, T-Mobile. 
    edited June 2018
  • Reply 32 of 32
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    sirozha said:
    I’m on T-Mobile One Plus, and when I traveled to Canada twice last year, I loved the coverage. I had 22 GB of LTE data and 10 GB of LTE tethering per month in Canada in 2017. 

This year when I landed in Canada, I got a diffeeent text from T-Mobile about the data usage in Canada than the text that I received in 2017. So, I clicked on the link and read the T-mobile post on the data usage in Canada and Mexico. It turns out T-Mobile reduced LTE data in Canada and Mexico to 5 GB. I’m now trying to get on Wi-Fi everywhere in Canada, whereas I didn’t bother to do it last year. This was an 80% reduction in the monthly LTE data quota for Mexico and Canada that was implemented by T-Mobile in the fall of 2017. 

Not cool, T-Mobile. 
    It's still free and beyond what you get with the other carriers.