Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Knock! Knock!
    Who’s there?
    Orange!
    Orange who?
    Orange-you-glad-to-see-me?!
    NO! No Orange iPhone! I am NOT glad to see you! Orange?! Seriously?

I know tastes vary, but orange would be, by far, my top choice. 
    evilutionronnmuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 29
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Knock! Knock!
    Who’s there?
    Orange!
    Orange who?
    Orange-you-glad-to-see-me?!
    NO! No Orange iPhone! I am NOT glad to see you! Orange?! Seriously?

I know tastes vary, but orange would be, by far, my top choice. 
    If done right...I would love orange! I loved the orange iMac G3 and absolute LOVED the orange iBook G3. 
  • Reply 23 of 29
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    supadav03 said:
    If they are going to do blue, hopefully it’s midnight blue. Saw a mock up of a midnight blue iPhone 7 and it was gorgeous. 
    This. 
    Don’t know why Apple always picks fruit stand or geriatric ward colours. it’s as if the engineers are picking them.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Would buy an orange iPhone without hesitation.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    ronnronn Posts: 653member
    Orange is my favorite color. Even though I just got my iPhone 8+ in December, I would seriously consider a new, larger iPhone in an orange shade. Something like burnt orange, or reddish-orange would be great.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    ronn said:
    Orange is my favorite color. Even though I just got my iPhone 8+ in December, I would seriously consider a new, larger iPhone in an orange shade. Something like burnt orange, or reddish-orange would be great.

Orange is the new Black.
    mbenz1962GeorgeBMacronn
  • Reply 27 of 29
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,662member
    macxpress said:
    slurpy said:
    nunzy said:
    This sounds like something Android would do. Apple has too much class.
    I don't see what the hell lack of class has to do with color options. Nothing wrong with colors, as long as they look nice. 
    I agree and I'm kinda sick and tired of everything Apple releases coming in silver, space gray, gold, and rose gold. I have long wanted an anodized colored aluminum iPhone like Apple did with the iPod Touch. The Red iPhone 8 looks amazing IMO. If Apple can do this with the next iPhone, I think it would work well for them. 

As much as some people didn't like the iPhone 5c, I actually really liked it. I think it served its purpose very well for Apple during that time. Making it colored aluminum which Apple has lots of experience in could make it even better as I don't think it would be perceived as "cheap" looking like some said the iPhone 5c was. 
    Gotta agree 100% with this. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the 5c options but the idea is great and the results can be spectacular and they've already been there with the iPod. Now there are gradients and other options to play with too.

And me to the tired of gold (all varieties) list.
    muthuk_vanalingamronn
  • Reply 28 of 29
    mbenz1962mbenz1962 Posts: 171member
    farmboy said:
    mbenz1962 said:
    I agree.  I thought the 8 looked so amazing in red that I bought it over the X.  I also saved my self some €€€€ to boot.
    Wife has red, looks good. Maybe this cycle I'll upgrade from my silver 6. I don't really care which new color, just show some life, Apple.

Should we address you as Heckflosse or Fintail? I loved my 1961 220S, alas gone 'lo these many years. Long live the Ribbon Speedo!
    I had a 180c and it had a normal dial speedometer.  Cars sure were easier to work on back then. Restored it with my dad after buying it out of someone's barn after it sat there for 20+ years. Sold it for 3 times what I paid, but I wish now I wouldn't have sold it at all. C'est la vie
  • Reply 29 of 29
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I liked the polished metal back of the early iPod Touch -- at least when it was new and not all scratched up.   But that was the last metal back that I thought was truly beautiful.   The grey metal back of my iPhone, I think, is just plain ugly.  It doesn't have the rugged handsomeness of an industrial product but neither does it have the rich elegance of a high end material.   (thankfully I can cover it up with a case).

Previously, except for the iPhone 4, Apple had a choice:  use metal or use (cheap looking) plastic.

But now, with a return to glass backs (for charging purposes), Apple has a whole new palette of beautiful, rich, deep colors to choose from.   Go Apple!   You can make the back beautiful once again!
    ronn