Former Apple employee charged with stealing autonomous car trade secrets

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how China was able to accomplish its "economic" miracle. It was done primarily via supercheap labour and stealing every IP they could get their hands on.
    I wonder why a Korean company Samsung is able to become world leader in semiconductors, mobile phones, HDTVs, automobiles? South Korea was liberated from Japan after WWII only seventy years ago. If South Korea did these marvels legally, China should follow them. 
  • Reply 22 of 27
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    It would be far more productive to ruminate about the robustness of Apple’s InfoSec programs, which actually may have worked to prevent the escape of the perpetrator in this case, than to get bogged down in political spin around this incident. Information security has been an active concern for hundreds of years. The names, actors, and who’s considered a bad guy this week versus who was considered a bad guy last week constantly changes. Infomation security is a real concern with many technical, social, and psychological ramifications. Making it a political issue flips everyone’s bozo bit and makes the ensuing discussions rehashed stupidity. 
    edited July 2018 robin huberblastdoorh4y3s
  • Reply 23 of 27
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    tzeshan said:
    I wonder why a Korean company Samsung is able to become world leader in semiconductors, mobile phones, HDTVs, automobiles? If South Korea did these marvels legally…
    Legally? But you just said SAMSUNG!
    JWSCh4y3s
  • Reply 24 of 27
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    Soli said:

3) If he's risking all that to steal trade secrets to bring to another car company in China I have to think Apple has some great stuff in works. This article made me hopeful that an automotive-related project is progressing nicely.
    Exactly! Pleasantly surprised by the progress and number of skilled personnel w access. This makes nebulous project concrete. 
  • Reply 25 of 27
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    tzeshan said:
    And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how China was able to accomplish its "economic" miracle. It was done primarily via supercheap labour and stealing every IP they could get their hands on.
    I wonder why a Korean company Samsung is able to become world leader in semiconductors, mobile phones, HDTVs, automobiles? South Korea was liberated from Japan after WWII only seventy years ago. If South Korea did these marvels legally, China should follow them. 
    “Legally”?! I really must have missed some major new product category innovation — as in, invented there, now used worldwide — that has come of S. Korea.

Please enlighten us? With at least a couple of examples? Thanks. 
    JWSC
  • Reply 26 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    tzeshan said:
    Yeah, right, Samsung never ripped of a US company's IP ....  seriously?

Wait, that was a joke.  My bad.  Good one.
    edited July 2018 anton zuykov
  • Reply 27 of 27
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    tzeshan said:
    You’re missing the /s to denote sarcasm at the end of your comment.  
    JWSCh4y3skudu
This discussion has been closed.