Got a new iPhone 5s or earlier? Don't try to activate it on Verizon [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    So, because I refuse to part with my 5s,  I am stuck with rising bills with AT&T?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I have a 5s. Itis a beautful phone. Holding a huge platform up to my face feels ridiculous, so I would never buy a new phone so big it is unmanageable. I use this phone for calls & audio books & programs. It is a classically built tool. Now I need to know if it will be completely obsolescent in The foreseeable future.
    Get an SE -- same size, same form but it's not obsolete.  The 5 will be 6 years old in September.   That's 1,000 in dog years.
    lynnfarley
  • Reply 23 of 25
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    So, because I refuse to part with my 5s,  I am stuck with rising bills with AT&T?
    No, Consumer Cellular uses the AT&T network but charges far less.   I cut my AT&T bill by half but get the same service.   My only complaint is they don't support the LTE on Apple Watch because they require a SIM tray.
    lynnfarley
  • Reply 24 of 25
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    I have a 5s. Itis a beautful phone. Holding a huge platform up to my face feels ridiculous, so I would never buy a new phone so big it is unmanageable. I use this phone for calls & audio books & programs. It is a classically built tool. Now I need to know if it will be completely obsolescent in The foreseeable future.
    Upgrade to an SE when you are ready...
  • Reply 25 of 25
    what I’m reading now is VZwill not activate anything for new customers or existing people with new to them smartphones before the iPhone 6 !! Does the 5C have the voice over internet like SE does?