This week on AI: Meet the 2018 MacBook Pro line, take a look at a new beta of Mojave & iOS...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited July 2018
Going hands on with the 15-inch MacBook Pro, Apple rolling out a fourth beta release set, and loads more, this week on AppleInsider.

To keep up on the latest in the Apple world, download the official AppleInsider app, and subscribe to our email newsletter.

The 2018 MacBook Pro

Everything you need to know:

• Tested: Thermal conditions in the 2018 i9 MacBook Pro dramatically hampering performance > >
  • Complete 2018 MacBook Pro teardown shows off six-cell battery, bigger speakers > >
  • Major renovation coming to first Apple Store at Tysons Corner, Virginia> >
  • The 2018 six-core MacBook Pro with eGPU gives the iMac Pro a run for its money> >
  • What six years of Retina MacBook Pro evolution gets you > >
  • Apple purges 'Doorbell' category from HomeKit accessories page > >
  • AI guru Tom Gruber, last of the Siri founders, retires from Apple > >
For in-depth discussion of this week's hottest stories, listen to the AppleInsider podcast. Subscribe here or stream the embed below:

A roundup of all of our hottest stories this week

:

Top 5 utilities that every Mac user needs

Test suggests 2018 MacBook Pro can't keep up with Intel Core i9 chips' thermal demands

Everything new in iOS 12 beta 4 for iPhone & iPad

Apple pulls QDrops from App Store; For-pay app pushed wild pro-Trump conspiracy theory

These are the top five best Menubar apps for your Mac

Hands-on with Apple's 15-inch 2018 MacBook Pro with i7 processor

Apple says major repairs for 2018 MacBook Pros can't happen in-store until September

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    AvieshekAvieshek Posts: 100member
    DDR5, GDDR6, Thunderbolt 4 .. or ProMotion - Things one should be aware of.

The only thing and everything about this 2018 MacBook Pro actually, is the SSD. Nothing really worth it.
    edited July 2018
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Avieshek said:
    DDR5, GDDR6, Thunderbolt 4 .. or ProMotion - Things one should be aware of.

The only thing and everything about this 2018 MacBook Pro actually, is the SSD. Nothing really worth it.
    With all due respect, DDR5 is set to be released in 2020 and Thunderbolt 4 hasn't been released yet either. Furthermore, Macs already have frame refresh rates above 120 hertz, meaning that ProMotion would not improve their performance, although it might improve battery life. GDDR6 would be nice, but I'm pretty sure that decision is up to AMD, who makes the graphical chips.