Face ID iPad, MacBook, Mac mini, MacBook Pro, 11-inch iPad Pro in Apple's 2018 product lin...

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    Quad core for sure and upgradable memory with minimum 8GB and perhaps make 16GB standard. As far as drive, whatever aPPle wants to promote as long as this computer does not cost $1200. It is suppposed to be small yet powerful "PC" to do some daily with separate screen (make sure that it can be 4K minimum).
    techblogger911
  • Reply 82 of 89
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    larz2112 said:
    My 2012 i5 Dual Core Mac Mini is getting very long in the tooth. I've been waiting for a significant Mac Mini update since the last refresh was relatively disappointing. 
    There's a case if ever there was one for buying off the top shelf, for a very small extra outlay you could have been using a quad core i7 the past 6 years that would have been faster than the 2014 refresh. Go figger. 
  • Reply 83 of 89
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    ProMotion iMac(s?), Mac Mini refresh, Macbook Budget 13"....

This quarter was low on mac sales, but imo those three could spell supercycle next quarter. 
  • Reply 84 of 89
    Quad core for sure and upgradable memory with minimum 8GB and perhaps make 16GB standard. As far as drive, whatever aPPle wants to promote as long as this computer does not cost $1200. It is suppposed to be small yet powerful "PC" to do some daily with separate screen (make sure that it can be 4K minimum).
    Seriously can we expect something like this, like ever.
  • Reply 85 of 89
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I am only interested in the 2019 pipeline (being selfish) as I want to know what the heck the new Mac Pro will consist of.
  • Reply 86 of 89
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Can Apple manage to build a Mac Mini without soldering all the internals inside? I have a feeling that will be a bone of contention. Personally I’d rather Apple go back to 2012 design when we could installl two SSDs and hopefully the architecture haa been updated to 32 GB of RAM.
    I'd like to see a even a $500 non-upgradeable Mac Mini with 8GB RAM and 1TB of storage that can support 4K at 60 fps using the HDMI port. I don't see that as being too much to ask but I doubt Apple will be able to oblige. Yes, I realize that AppleTV can do that much but I want to run a full version of OSX and not some TVOS. I'm probably in the minority, so I'm sure I won't get my way.
    I'd like to see Apple mirror the Intel NUC approach.  An almost infinite range of variable configurations (both as BTO or user upgrades)  from a basic low end model up to a gaming rig.  IMHO Apple are missing out on a huge hobbies market.  I am looking at a NUC for messing around with since there is nothing from Apple remotely that much fun in terms of configurability.  Of course my Macs are my mainstay for everything and always will be but a machine to use for fun and hobbies the NUC has a lot going for it.
  • Reply 87 of 89
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    MacPro said:
    I am only interested in the 2019 pipeline (being selfish) as I want to know what the heck the new Mac Pro will consist of.
    Two words: parallel processing.

• Reply 88 of 89
    TomETomE Posts: 172member
    Here I sit poised to Buy Several Items - all AAPL.  But that can change depending upon what AAPL releases.
    I don't expect them to blow it, but why cripple the releases.

All my AAPL products work fine.  I want to "release" them for new products.  I could swap them it to AAPL and that would get them off the Market so to speak at a reduced cost to me.  Or I could sell them to friends who want them and will expect Free Support for the Rest of my Life.  Or I could sell them on e-Bay and perhaps get a little more w No Support for Life Issues.  

I did not buy (keep) the new I9 MacBook Pro.  I was convinced that it will be the last Mac in that case or that style.  They will finally change.  It did not have FaceID - Oh, well, there were several other things that made me nervous.  The new Sept Release of Mac OS will tell a lot. And there will be a lot of new products.  Apple cannot release more than 1 or 2 products at a time.  If they do, it logistically creates a bottleneck in the shipping , distribution , & training system.  There needs to be a slight delay for the channels to assimilate the new products.  Also, the retail stores need to be able to sell or return all of the old product and receive the new products.

It will be full speed ahead when it starts . . . but they are already several iterations out in the design / production cycle.  Who can make all of these products ?  It takes several factories under different names.   It is a massive, but successful , job on the part of Tim Cook and Company.  They have the best people, but it is very difficult.  There are things they cannot do - like snap their fingers and say "Make it So".

I will buy a new Watch when it gets here - I am overdue.  I will buy a New Mac, with a larger , not smaller display, when it gets here - I am overdue.  I will buy a new Phone , when they get here & I want to be able to select the carrier from Settings and switch on a click.  I am overdue.  I want to Apple to become a "Virtual Provider" under Settings.  They are OVERDUE.  There are a lot of software improvements I want to see to make them even better. 

I could switch to other Names that are coming up fast in the hardware realm, but don't have an ecosystem like Apple.  They don't have the loyal followers like me & many of you.  I bought the stock in 1984 and don't regret it. I do regret not buying some of the other technology companies that have risen like Rocket Ships.  Some will come down like meteorites .  Apple has all the money - follow the money.

I want a great notebook that will let me point at iOS Apps and let me launch them & use my mouse or trackpad to operate them.  I would prefer the mouse.  They have what they need now, we just don't have it in the consumer market - Xcode is an example of something that runs iOS apps.

Bring it on Apple and I will bring the Money On....   I just don't want old technology at high prices , even if I am a large (to me) stockholder.