After being killed by Apple, Palm branded devices coming back from the dead

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    An Android phone being named a Palm? That does not sound like a winning branding strategy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 28
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    How did Apple Kill Palm exactly?

HP brought them screwed up the products that were gaining traction in market. If not mismanaged they seemed like they would have taken a chunk out of the iPhone sales and more likely iPad sales.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    This is what would have happened if Zelinsky was able to buy Callahan auto parts. 
  • Reply 24 of 28
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    mattinoz said:
    How did Apple Kill Palm exactly?

HP brought them screwed up the products that were gaining traction in market. If not mismanaged they seemed like they would have taken a chunk out of the iPhone sales and more likely iPad sales.
    Palm was effectively dead at the time HP bought its WebOS.   Palm had developed a great OS but, by that time were so beaten up and beaten down that they could not exploit it.   It was hoped that HP, with its technical and financial resources, would make something of it.   But, they were floundering around without much effective direction and ended up sinking $1B into a scam called Autonomy instead of making great products from a great OS...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 28
    BgfBgf Posts: 3member
    nunzy said:
    Palm killed the Newton. Palm should rot in hell for that.
    Issac died long before Palm was around ... to blame Palm for Isaac's death is, for the lack of a better word, irresponsible.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    "Bring back the Microsoft Kin!"
    Fortytwo said:
    and Balmer ...

• Reply 27 of 28
    TTellerTTeller Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    @Williamlondon Good luck finding an Android phone with a screen smaller than 5 inches. As of now I am stuck with an iPhone SE, my first and last Apple phone I will ever own, with its inferior-over-restricting OS. My only concern with the Palm is the 800 mAh battery.