Samsung debuts iPhone X-challenging Galaxy Note 9 with upgraded S Pen, full-day battery & ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    So is Samsung going to get knocked for incremental updates, no new design and higher prices?
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 22 of 36
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
     Out of all these things the only thing I want is to see 512GB iPhones.
    I'm only using 50% of my MBP's 512 GB SSD. I doubt I'll need an iPhone with that capacity for a very, very, very long time.
    king editor the grateredgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 36
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Meh. I got the 64gb X, and I'm using about half. With iCloud Music Library and iCloud Photo Library, I just don't need as much on-board storage as I used to.
    Would be nice to see Apple up the “free” tier for iCloud to 10GB. It’s the least they can do to provide the best customer experience. They have plenty of other ways to grow services revenues.
    lostkiwi
  • Reply 24 of 36
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Meh. I got the 64gb X, and I'm using about half. With iCloud Music Library and iCloud Photo Library, I just don't need as much on-board storage as I used to.
    Would be nice to see Apple up the “free” tier for iCloud to 10GB. It’s the least they can do to provide the best customer experience. They have plenty of other ways to grow services revenues.

Up the free to 50GB, .99 for 100GB, 2.99 for 500GB, 9.99 for 2TB, 14.99 for unlimited*
    rogifan_newGabyacejax805lostkiwi
  • Reply 25 of 36
    metrixmetrix Posts: 256member
    Note to self, don't tell audience "you can clap now" next year. Use clap track or something. 

acejax805lostkiwiwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 36
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    mjtomlin said:

Up the free to 50GB, .99 for 100GB, 2.99 for 500GB, 9.99 for 2TB, 14.99 for unlimited*
    Why would they give the 50GB plan? I pay .99/mo for this, and I’m only using 2/3s. I imagine normals use les. Why should that be free, other than we all want free things?
    edited August 2018 redgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 36
    mjtomlin said:
    I'm not against altering the plans (and they will surely change over time), but you need to hypothesize how this will ultimately be beneficial to Apple so just posting some prices that work for your needs with zero explanation as to how that works for Apple's needs doesn't cut it. 
    dewmeStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 36
    gatorguy said:
    Not mentioned is the little trick with the S-pen no longer needing a battery or charging. They've ripped a page from Wacom's playbook and opted for an electromagnetic field to power it. Of course that might come with a couple of new restrictions on where it can be used. 
    Ha! 

Reminds me of the old joke about the waitress who serves the customer with her [infected] thumb in his bowl of soup... 

...I do sir, when i’m in the kitchen!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 36
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Note security measures: Iris scanner, Face scanner, fingerprint scanner and PIN in 1 phone....enough said!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 36
    Soli said:
    I'm only using 50% of my MBP's 512 GB SSD. I doubt I'll need an iPhone with that capacity for a very, very, very long time.
    Same here. I’ve had 128gb phones since the 6 Plus and now I have the Product Red 7 with 256gb and still haven’t reached 90gb yet! I should’ve saved myself a few and just stuck with 128. Gotta love iCloud 🤗 I can understand 256 and 512 for a tablet and laptop, but not a phone. Not yet, at least. 
    redgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 36
    mjtomlin said:

Why would they give the 50GB plan? I pay .99/mo for this, and I’m only using 2/3s. I imagine normals use les. Why should that be free, other than we all want free things?
    The free tier should be big enough for phone users to turn on backup and syncing features. Beyond the seamlessness of it, the beauty of iCloud is it ties people into he ecosystem. 5 GB isn’t enough to turn on these features, so switching is just a little bit easier.  
  • Reply 32 of 36
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Anachr0n said:
    mjtomlin said:

The free tier should be big enough for phone users to turn on backup and syncing features. Beyond the seamlessness of it, the beauty of iCloud is it ties people into he ecosystem. 5 GB isn’t enough to turn on these features, so switching is just a little bit easier.  
    50GB isn’t needed for that.

So why 50GB? I’m paying for iCloud because I use it for the photos and files primarily, music, etc, yet am using two-thirds of that. Why would Apple wish to give away more storage than most people would use? That eliminates the most popular upgrade tier. 
    edited August 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 36
    Does the Iris Scanner still damage toddler's eyes or suggest to keep it at least 8 inches away from your face like the S9 or limit 4k UHD video to 5 minute clips???
    redgeminipawatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 36
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    You have to agree that the external big screen monitor connection is a neat feature...
    edited August 2018
  • Reply 35 of 36
    jume said:
    You have to agree that the external big screen monitor connection is a neat feature…
    How so? Why do you think DeX is a neat feature, or are specifically referring to what the iPhone has had from the start?
    watto_cobratmay
  • Reply 36 of 36
    I will never have a Samsung device in my home!  :)
    I was pretty stern on this phrase, as well... until I got a deal on a new $3,400 Samsung refrigerator that I couldn't pass up. Under $600. I'm just hoping it lasts at least 4 or 5 years.