another MacBook Pro 2018 issue (Audio Engine?)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Hi Everyone,
I was very exited about my new MacBook, as I use it a lot for music stuff. I experienced some weird behavior which comes down to this. If there is a audio processing Application with a quite low offer size and some CPU draining Plugsins even though the CPU is not maxed out (wether in iStat or the meter in the application it self). Not only the sound out of the applications crackles but the whole system audio, like iTunes just playing a song. it sounds like this, and seems to be related. Unfortunately nobody seems to have figured it out: 

thank you so much for your 

I tried this with
ProTools 12.7.1, Live Professor 2.2.2 no crackle on iMac, same session.
reproducable as well in Studio One, Waves Liverack (really low buffer size),

MacBook Pro 2018, i7 Quad Core, 16gb Ram, 512gb SSD

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Oh dear, that sounds horrible.  If your computer is still fairly new - there are quite a few reports of what you've mentioned here, take a look at these 3 articles I found: 

Fortune, Moneycontrol and Washginton Post.

Perhaps you can post on Apple's Forums and/or get some assistance from the Apple Store you got it from and see if other machines are doing the same...

Regards,

M
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    marsorry said:
    Oh dear, that sounds horrible.  If your computer is still fairly new - there are quite a few reports of what you've mentioned here, take a look at these 3 articles I found: 

Fortune, Moneycontrol and Washginton Post.

Perhaps you can post on Apple's Forums and/or get some assistance from the Apple Store you got it from and see if other machines are doing the same...

Regards,

M
    This is something we're keeping an eye on. At present, there's nothing suggesting that it is a major problem, and is happening at a much, much lower rate than the speaker problem that manifested itself with the 2016 MacBook Pro -- and was fixed in software.