Review: Sonicare DiamondClean Smart uses your iPhone and Bluetooth to perfect the electric...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I’ve been a long time sonicare user, just recently bought this model after having the previous model for 5 years. They last a long time and honestly could’ve kept using the one before but I wanted to try the new one and I really liked the brush heads better. I’m not likely to use the app for it, kinda silly rather than useful. 
  • Reply 22 of 30
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    But will it give me Blueteeth?
    no... just one bluetooth.  ;)
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 23 of 30
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    DAalseth said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    So how long has brushing your tongue been a thing?
    Actually many dentists have recommended that for a long time, decades I believe.
    Do a search for, “Black hairy tounge.”

(legit)
    edited August 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 30
    wozwozwozwoz Posts: 263member
    Great - now putting Bluetooth - a listed possible radiating carcinogen - into your mouth. Not for me.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Rayz2016 said:
    My hygienists have actually recommended scraping your tongue with a tongue scraper (sold in the aisle).  Brushing your tongue just agitates the grime around. A tongue scraper will eject it off your tongue and out of your mouth. 
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    wozwoz said:
    Great - now putting Bluetooth - a listed possible radiating carcinogen - into your mouth. Not for me.
    Oh good, this again.
    king editor the grateSpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 30
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I can see this, rather than being a "Solution in search of a problem", being a big help -- but to kids.
    ... Getting kids to brush their teeth has been problem ever since God invented the toothbrush.

But, properly implemented, this can improve the situation in two ways:
    1)  The integration with an iPad, iPod or iPhone can potentially make it more fun for kids -- giving them various rewards (behaviorists call it "postive feedback") when they do it right.   Say, for instance, game points to one of their favorite games.

2)  It can give helicopter mom the ability to monitor her kid's brushing and give him some "negative feedback" when he screws  it up.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Tongue scraping and scrapers have been around for decades, and generally do a better and quicker job than brushing with any technology.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    wozwoz said:
    Yes, exposing white mice to BT tech 24/7 for 7 years showed a possible link to old age and cancer.

Somebody's been reading too much Prevention.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    roakeroake Posts: 809member
    wozwoz said:
    I use AirPods for Bluetooth between my iPhone and both ears, putting my brain directly along that Bluetooth radiation triangle.  The way I see it, putting a Bluetooth toothbrush in my mouth is a holistic way of cancelling out any negative effects from all the other Bluetooth.  Thank you, Sonicare, for saving me from cancer!
    GeorgeBMac