The end of Back to my Mac?!

Posted:
in iCloud
I just got a notification stating that Back to my Mac is soon to end, and will not be in Mojave. This is the first I've heard of it. It's a really useful service I use often, seems to be another step by Cook to erode the usefulness of the Mac. Just a heads up for anyone who also didn't know. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208922

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    There are, and have been, bunches of options. We'll be talking about a few a bit later this afternoon.
    elijahg
  • Reply 2 of 4
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    I've tried a few in the past and none seem to work as well as Apple's version, especially if the Mac is set to go to sleep. None I've found (admittedly a short search) seem to work with Apple's Bonjour Sleep Proxy, nor do they support proper Bonjour/Finder integration. Looking forward to your article though, cheers.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    No biggie. I’ve always only owned a single Mac, so I’ve never been able to test this.  Sounds like it was useful to some.  
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    elijahg said:
    I've tried a few in the past and none seem to work as well as Apple's version, especially if the Mac is set to go to sleep. None I've found (admittedly a short search) seem to work with Apple's Bonjour Sleep Proxy, nor do they support proper Bonjour/Finder integration. Looking forward to your article though, cheers.
    There's a lot to talk about. We have more coming, beyond just what we've done today.