Netflix tests removing App Store billing on iPhone & iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    galfridus said:
    I dunno. I’ve been looking for reasons to drop Netflix. If I have to change my billing, I might follow-through.

Why would you have to change your billing?
    Because at present Netflix doesn’t have his credit card details?
    lolliver
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Just a single point of reference - I use Netflix in India and so far I've only been billed through iTunes. I hope it remains that way.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    matrix077 said:
    $100 a year? My Apple Music alone is already $100 (not counting 10-15 films I bought in iTunes last few weeks when they’re on sale). I think I am at around $500-600 a year too. 
    My streaming services aren't billed through the app store (I prefer it hat way); so I just buy movies, which are mostly on sale, productivity apps and the occasional game that I'll play once and forget about.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    entropys said:
    galfridus said:
    I dunno. I’ve been looking for reasons to drop Netflix. If I have to change my billing, I might follow-through.

Why would you have to change your billing?
    Because at present Netflix doesn’t have his credit card details?
    I wasn’t aware Netflix was going to make existing customers change their billing.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    BAD IDEA. Every time a company bites the Apple that feeds them, Apple destroys that companies profits. Google/Spotify/ soon Qualcomm/Samsung and now Netflix?

Not surprised. I’d do it if I was Netflix. They don’t owe their success to Apple. It’s easy enough to sign up via the browser.

No less that artists owe their success to iTunes. In other words they owe a large part of their success to Apple. Using Apples platform like a bum and not paying a cent is a dirty move, don't act otherwise.
    lolliver
  • Reply 26 of 26
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    galfridus said:
    If they stiff Apple this would only mean an Apple video service is looming. I will drop Netflix too or share passwords.
    lolliver