Apple offers up extended repair program for defective iPad Pro Smart Keyboards

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    jdb8167 said:

dysamoria said:
    After the first three MONTHS, my a s and d key labels were wearing off from casual typing. They're almost completely gone today.
    I would take that as a badge of honor. I've had my 12.9" keyboard since December 2015 with the keyboard is more or less permanently attached but I don't type on it enough to wear off keys. You obviously are getting a lot of use from the keyboard. 
    I don't type so much that this should have started to happen in three months. I've typed considerably more on other keyboards, for decades, and their lettering hasn't worn off yet.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

freshh20 said:
    Apple continues to have production issues. The quality has decreased over the years post Steve Jobs. Tim Cook needs to pay attention to the company and spend more time on the details like Steve did. Less time on activism, and remember Tim you do work for the shareholders. The phone in help line is even more prone to errors. Many time the front line doesn't even know the problem or how to handle it. Apple on this road will crash.
    Activism has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

As for working for shareholders... well, that is part of the problem.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Apple won’t replace or repair mine even though it suffers from the “this device is not supported” message.  The reason? It’s a 9.7” keyboard that I’m using with my 10.5” Pro.  I originally had the 9.7”, upgraded, but kept the keyboard.

they say the error is my fault as I am using it with the wrong device.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    freshh20 said:
    Apple continues to have production issues. The quality has decreased over the years post Steve Jobs. Tim Cook needs to pay attention to the company and spend more time on the details like Steve did. Less time on activism, and remember Tim you do work for the shareholders. The phone in help line is even more prone to errors. Many time the front line doesn't even know the problem or how to handle it. Apple on this road will crash.
    Apple has improved device reliability in the last 10 years, versus the 10 before it. The percentage of devices that come in within three years of original sale has dropped by about half now, versus what it was when Steve Jobs was at the helm.

You're confusing raw volume of failed devices, with percentage.

I can't even tell you how many times I've head "Apple on this road will crash" or a variation over the last two decades.
    edited April 2018
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Well I’m a loyal Apple customer with three iPads, two Apple watches, two iPhones, a 4K iMac, an Apple TV. Hell even my two year old daughter has an iPad.

im sure you have stats to back up your argument but.....  

I would say to you the following. What’s more important? Stats? Or customer perception.

ny perception is hardware and software  quality have both declined massively in the last few years.   That may well be because the software and hardware has got more complex but whatever the reason if things don’t improve in the next few years I shall ditch the Apple eco system.

i am becoming disillusioned both by quality and by aftersales.

I’m sure I’m not the only one.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Well I’m a loyal Apple customer with three iPads, two Apple watches, two iPhones, a 4K iMac, an Apple TV. Hell even my two year old daughter has an iPad.

im sure you have stats to back up your argument but.....  

I would say to you the following. What’s more important? Stats? Or customer perception.

ny perception is hardware and software  quality have both declined massively in the last few years.   That may well be because the software and hardware has got more complex but whatever the reason if things don’t improve in the next few years I shall ditch the Apple eco system.

i am becoming disillusioned both by quality and by aftersales.

I’m sure I’m not the only one.

You're right, I do have stats. Decades of them. But, go where? Who has better quality and "after sales"?

You're right, there's a constant churn, a back and forth of switchers to and away from Apple, because of slights real and imagined. I'm just curious where you think the grass is greener.
    edited April 2018
  • Reply 27 of 28
    That’s the reason I stay for the moment.  For now Apple is the best no argument.  Best for customer privacy, best for integration etc etc.

to be clear I don’t worry about where they are now.  I worry about the trajectory.  Nothing would please me more than to be wrong.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    ASPASP Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Were everyone successful in having it replaced? I brought mine to the store last week and they said they don't have such a replacement program. Or is this program for a limited time only?