2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Dumpster.  Fire.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 32
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,335member
    An iPhone accessory? Who would have imagined?

Now if you told me Tesla was teaming up with Samsung on a lithium powered flame thrower - now that would had made perfect sense and it could be shipping in a matter of days with the huge stockpile of fuel that Samsung recalled from its customers.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ireland said:
    I have question.

Can you give me example on Musks erratic behavior? I am not sure what you mean.
    You don’t need to understand it Tesla shareholder. Just keep buying. He’s the most level headed human being and the new Jesus. Surely.

In all seriousness, however, perhaps calling that cave diving rescuer (who saved those kids and risked his own life in doing so) a ‘pedo guy’ wasn’t the most careful decision he’s made. Or randomly tweeting about taking Tesla private. If he intended to he should have inked a deal in writing and announced a legit proposal in a proper manner. Both actions were reckless. Not to mention you can see he’s a bit off in interviews as of late (his MKBHD interview) and he always looks wrecked tired. Needs a healthier work load and sleeping ritual? Seems like it.

On the topic of a this charger, however. It’s a good idea to make it this shape as it greatly helps the user put their phone on the charger correctly. That said I’m unsure why they are making one. I don’t know if they’ve one built into Tesla cars, but if do or are intending to, it is as good a reason as any to get good at making these. Every Tesla car should come default with a couple of these built into the chassis. IMO no cars in 2018 should require a wire in the car to charge your smartphone once you enter. And having these built in by default in a vehicle significantly improves owner experience for owners fortunate enough to own such a phone. Others like myself who prefer SE can use a wire. But going forward all phones will surely have this optional charging method. So fitting and even retrofitting most cars now makes a lot of sense.
    Ok, I understand your position. I won’t argue with you any longer.
    Ok
  • Reply 24 of 32
    ireland said:
    I have question.

You don’t need to understand it Tesla shareholder. Just keep buying. He’s the most level headed human being and the new Jesus. Surely.

In all seriousness, however, perhaps calling that cave diving rescuer (who saved those kids and risked his own life in doing so) a ‘pedo guy’ wasn’t the most careful decision he’s made. Or randomly tweeting about taking Tesla private. If he intended to he should have inked a deal in writing and announced a legit proposal in a proper manner. Both actions were reckless. Not to mention you can see he’s a bit off in interviews as of late (his MKBHD interview) and he always looks wrecked tired. Needs a healthier work load and sleeping ritual? Seems like it.

On the topic of a this charger, however. It’s a good idea to make it this shape as it greatly helps the user put their phone on the charger correctly. That said I’m unsure why they are making one. I don’t know if they’ve one built into Tesla cars, but if do or are intending to, it is as good a reason as any to get good at making these. Every Tesla car should come default with a couple of these built into the chassis. IMO no cars in 2018 should require a wire in the car to charge your smartphone once you enter. And having these built in by default in a vehicle significantly improves owner experience for owners fortunate enough to own such a phone. Others like myself who prefer SE can use a wire. But going forward all phones will surely have this optional charging method. So fitting and even retrofitting most cars now makes a lot of sense.
    His ‘position’?! He was stating a fact. In response to your question. What is there to ‘argue’?
  • Reply 25 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ireland said:
    I have question.

His ‘position’?! He was stating a fact. In response to your question. What is there to ‘argue’?
    You might be surprised how biased we all are. But thank you for defending me.
    edited August 2018
  • Reply 26 of 32
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    irnchriz said:

The product's $65 price point is, or was, a bit high for a charger of its kind, especially one without a large battery cell and a wireless module that outputs only 5W of juice.

It would appear Tesla is targeting customers willing to pay premium prices for brand recognition and high style.
    A bit of double standards here, you could say the same about EVERY SINGLE Apple product and accessory.
    Not even close. Get outta here with your BS.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    ireland said:
    I have question.

I have no interest to engage in aggressive argument. Please enjoy your day.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    ireland said:
    I have question.

IF you think Elon is erratic then you should read Steve Jobs's autobiography by Walter. Only difference is Steve's behavior was private to his employees while Elon is ranting publicly on Twitter.
    prismatics
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Musk may still face charges from the SEC. If he’s found guilty of Tesla stock manipulation, that could be the end of him at Tesla.
    I think the company would be better off without him. They don't deliver on time. Over promise, under deliver. Never made a profit, only spending investors' money. The company is a bit of a joke. Or rather, Elon Musk is.
    I think Tesla should learn from Apple about how to deliver products *on-time* like Airpods, Homepod, Mac pro, Charging mat, Group Facetime etc. etc.

kingofsomewherehotprismatics
  • Reply 30 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    fallenjt said:
    nunzy said:
    Elon Musk ain't nothing compared to Steve Jobs. Tesla ain't nothing compared to Apple.

Apple makes huge amounts of profit. Tesla is a joke.

When iCar is released, Tesla will have no excuses left.
    When iCar is released, but when? 10 years from now? Oh, at that time Apple is 20 years behind Tesla and guess what? There’ll be no iCar. Just no! Btw, Tesla ain’t no joke because their cars drive like a dream. I guess you can’t afford one yet!

What a stupid fucking post. So anyone who isn't a fan of Musk or Tesla "can't afford one"? 
    Yes, Tesla is indeed a joke compared to Apple, when it comes to being an actual profitable and stable business. 
  • Reply 31 of 32
    slurpy said:
    ... compared to Apple, when it comes to being an actual profitable and stable business. 

Apple hasn't always been.  They've been extremely unstable and nearly bankrupt.
    edited August 2018
  • Reply 32 of 32
    sharma158sharma158 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Tesla today is by far a perfect example of passion and drive from apple in the yesteryears. Both companies brought change. Praise the rebels not the titans.