Apple Store sitemap leak confirms 'iPhone XS,' 'iPhone XS Max,' & 'iPhone Xr' names for 20...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    supadav03 said:
    I don’t care what it’s called. Max, Plus, Super-Sized, Just release already. I’m ready for the upgrade. 
    THIS!  can't wait, since I skipped my usual "every other year" upgrade plan and my 6 is showing its age.  Battery doesn't make it through the day, screen is hazy, and the screen is separating from the frame in the upper corner.  I just want a new phone, so tell me how much money I need to throw at Apple and when I can start throwing.  

Kinda hoping the new watch isn't cool enough to force me to upgrade my LTE version.  
  • Reply 22 of 32
    rockaw said:
    Xs Max. But you'll be scolded if you don't pronounce it "ten ess max". Thanks for that, Apple.
    People will just end up calling it the iPhone Max. Guaranteed.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    I think Apple is just copying Boeing.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 24 of 32
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    What's with these hilarious product names? Jobs would never approve that.
    Two more years and apple will be like LG and Sony for naming products.
    rogifan_newSpamSandwich
  • Reply 25 of 32
    jumejume Posts: 209member

NY1822 said:
    What does the R stand for? i know which model phone it is, but is it just a random letter or does it have meaning? i've yet to read anything explaining this...
    I hope it's RUGGED :). I need one because I have managed to crash each and every iPhone I owned so far. Glass is shit.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    jume said:

NY1822 said:
    What does the R stand for? i know which model phone it is, but is it just a random letter or does it have meaning? i've yet to read anything explaining this...
    I hope it's RUGGED :). I need one because I have managed to crash each and every iPhone I owned so far. Glass is shit.
    Try a more rugged case manufacturer. Maybe Otterbox?
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 27 of 32
    rockaw said:
    Xs Max. But you'll be scolded if you don't pronounce it "ten ess max". Thanks for that, Apple.
    People will just end up calling it the iPhone Max. Guaranteed.

R, S and Max!
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 28 of 32
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    "R" comes before "S", so that model is a step down.

A lot of people complain about how Apple names products. I remember the uproar over "iPhone" and then again over "iPad". It's not a big deal - just as long as they don't go back to the model naming schemes of the mid-90's. What a freaken mess that was!
  • Reply 29 of 32
    berndog said:
    NY1822 said:
    ? Retina

All iPhones have retina screens.
    Actually, if you look at the product site for the iPhone X, it has a Super Retina screen.  Maybe the s in Xs stands for Super Retina and the r in Xr stands for Retina.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Looks like they are keeping the 7 and the 8, but not the original X. The 7 & 7 Plus already got a nice price drop a year ago, will they go even lower? And will the 8/8 Plus go to what the 7/7 Plus were before today's announcements?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    iPhone Xr (retina) iPhone Xs (super retina)
    canukstorm
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Keeping with the pronunciation conventions, shouldn't it be iPhone Tenness, iPhone Tennes Matten, and iPhone Tenner...? :P