Apple refreshes Apple Watch band lineup with new colors and styles

Posted:
in Apple Watch
As it has done after every Apple Watch release, Apple on Wednesday updated its Apple Watch band offerings with new colors and styles, including a new gold Milanese loop.

Apple Watch

All the new watch bands are compatible with the just announced Apple Watch Series 4, as well as all previous Watch generations.

Starting off, Apple has updated the popular Milanese loop with a new gold option to match the new gold stainless steel Watch. It most closely matches the stainless steel model, but will also work with the gold aluminum model. It runs $149 and only supports the larger 44mm model.

Apple Watch Gold Milanese Loop

Next, we have two new hues of the leather loop.

apple watch leather loop

The leather loop is available now in Forest Green and Cape Cod Blue for $149, again only supporting the larger Watch model.

Sport Loop

The popular Sport Loops were updated with many fresh colors including Cape Cod Blue, Nectarine, Hibiscus, Storm Gray, and Indigo. They are available at $49 for either of the two sizes.

Standard Sport Bands were updated with three new colors -- Nectarine, Blue Horizon, and Lavender Gray. They still run $49 apiece.

Modern Buckle is back with four new colors -- Forest Green, Peony Pink, Cape Cod Blue, and Ruby (PRODUCT)Red. They each run $149.

Leathter Single Tour Rallye

For the Herm&eacutes bands, a new 44mm Fauve Grained Barenia Leather Single Tour Rallye. It costs $439 for the privilege.

Hermes Band

There is also two new colors in the Herm&eacutes 44mm Swift Leather Single Tour -- Bordeaux/Rose Extr&eacuteme/Rose Azal&eacutee and Indigo/Craie/Orange. They cost $339.

Apple also updated their case lineup for the latest iPhone XS, XS Max and XR models.

Keep up with AppleInsider by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    I don’t see where on the website you can mix and match to see what combinations look good together. I’m really interested in the gold SS but not sure how it will look with many of my bands which have white lugs.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Pretty surprised Apple maintained compatibility with prior version straps, was not expecting that. So much for the harebrained theories that they make engineering decisions based on upselling new accessories. 
    Solijony0doozydozenpropod
  • Reply 3 of 12
    My guess is that Apple is making decent coin from the people who buy bands at Apple stores while also realizing that all the cheap bands on amazon and ebay still help sell their watch and are a plus for them. (Which is good, because I hate when Apple acts ignorant of the things that hp them.)
    doozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Pretty surprised Apple maintained compatibility with prior version straps, was not expecting that. So much for the harebrained theories that they make engineering decisions based on upselling new accessories. 
    Wait, are you trying to say Apple’s switch to Lightning wasn’t simply to force me into replacing all my 30-pin cables?!?

(/s, in case it wasn’t obvious)

I tend not to like bands other than the Sport and Link Bracelet. I really try, though! I like the look of the Milanese Loop, but not the way it feels. My current go to is a Nike Sport Band, I really like it. My wife, though, she loves a bunch of different bands so I’m always checking them out. 
    edited September 2018 doozydozen
  • Reply 5 of 12

I never thought Apple would do that. Mostly because the new Watch design isn’t that different. Plus so many Watch users have multiple bands it really would have pissed people off.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Not one mention of the $449 chain link band from any site taken off the new Apple Watch 4 watch site.  It is located now at a new link at the bottom of the current bands, to old bands which now lists it at $349.  It looks like that too will be discontinued once they sell out, so what does that tell us is coming in it’s place?

I took the gamble and jumped on the deal and bought one as I feel the Milanese loop band look is a little more of a feminine look with its sparkle look.

Hopefully I can get 3-4 years use out of it  from other upcoming 5 and 6 models, but what are your thoughts if Apple is selling a ton of bands that people like me have spent more for bands than the watch itself over time?  

i have always said that if the traditional watch makers made it easier to switch out thier bands, for fashion and look of the day, buyers wouldn’t give up on them so fast as they have.  I have to take my Tag to a jeweler just to adjust my band, let alone change it out.  Way behind the times, those watchmakers.  No wonder iWatch is now the number one selling watch overall, not just smart watches.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I never thought Apple would do that. Mostly because the new Watch design isn’t that different. Plus so many Watch users have multiple bands it really would have pissed people off.
    So you weren’t one of the people who figured if there was a new case design that it may/probably/would require new bands that fit the new case design’s size and curvature? You’re very rare in that case. Even Gruber was handwringing. 
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Starting off, Apple has updated the popular Milanese loop with a new gold option to match the new gold stainless steel Watch. It most closely matches the stainless steel model, but will also work with the gold aluminum model. It runs $149 and only supports the larger 44mm model.
    Nope, it’s available in 40mm. Also note that the price difference between the steel Apple Watch S4 with sport band vs Milanese loop is $100 so you can get it for a $49 “discount” if you get it when you purchase the watch.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I don’t see where on the website you can mix and match to see what combinations look good together. I’m really interested in the gold SS but not sure how it will look with many of my bands which have white lugs.
    White lugs on your watch band? Does the white finish match Apple’s white ceramic Series 3? Well, glossy white lugs would look strikingly good adorning a gold SS Series 4, IMO. Can you post a pick of your white lugs. Lol, that sounds weirdly sexual. Sorry 😑 Now I too want to picture that combination. 
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I think calling the released bands a "new styles" is a stretch. The just updated the colors of existing bands. Interestingly they revived the modern leather buckle while killing the leather classic buckle (nowhere to be found, not even on "previous seasons" section. I wonder if it it because they aren't selling as well.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    RuchirRuchir Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Crafts Maiden Studio has introduced an Apple Watch band made of glass. Specially designed and developed for the Apple watch.
    100% Customized and completely hand woven to your choice. Visit the campaign page on Indiegogo to pre order. 

https://igg.me/at/Zukuri/x/18632194
  • Reply 12 of 12
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I've intrigued by some of the wording Apple is using when you get to the purchase page.

On the new bands it says:
    Designed for Apple Watch Series 4.
    Works with all previous versions of Apple Watch.

On the older bands it says:
    Designed for Apple Watch Series 3.
    Works with Apple Watch Series 4.

So is this compatibility, or is the connector exactly the same?  Will there ever be a time where a new Apple Watch will work with series 4 bands, but not series 3?