Apple now accepting preorders of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 71
    Series 4 Nike version....12-month financing, no interest through Best Buy, pick-up in store October 5.....(the day Nike Version is available in stores.....non-Nike available September 21)
  • Reply 22 of 71
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Got $150 off the 64GB XS Max switching to Xfinity. $949. Awesome.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 23 of 71
    Soli said:
    I'm impressed by the popularity of these devices.
    The 0% interest Apple iPhone Upgrade Program makes it easy.

Did my iPhone Apple Upgrade X to XS... painless!  Will upgrade my Daughter's 8 Product Red to XR Product Red on Oct 10 when available for preorder. Will upgrade 3 more iPhones when the grandkids get their shit together.

Ordered 4 AW Series 4 with GiveBacks (delivery Oct 12 - Oct 19). Will order 1 more when granddaughter checks in with preferences.  The Series 4 is a must for fall detection and Heart monitoring/EKG features and fall detection -- youngest grandson has heart issues, and I'm 79 years old.

Really like the Apple iPhone Upgrade program, and AppleCare with Theft & Loss -- wish Apple offered same for AW.
    edited September 2018 JFC_PA
  • Reply 24 of 71
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    NY1822 said:
    Series 4 Nike version....12-month financing, no interest through Best Buy, pick-up in store October 5.....(the day Nike Version is available in stores.....non-Nike available September 21)
    Is the Nike version coming a couple weeks after the regular Apple Watch? I assumed it was just sold out.
  • Reply 25 of 71
    Ordered my watch at 4:30 a.m. EDT and the expected delivery was already Oct 12 - 19.

Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Sport Band

netmage
  • Reply 26 of 71
    fallenjt said:
    That's a great deal. Over 13.6% off.
  • Reply 27 of 71
    Soli said:
    fallenjt said:
    That's a great deal. Over 13.6% off.
    I have to laugh... the recently announced Galaxy Note 9 was BOGO -- maybe after the Apple event it will be BNGO (Buy None, Get One).  :D
    king editor the grateSpamSandwich
  • Reply 28 of 71
    Really like the Apple iPhone Upgrade program, and AppleCare with Theft & Loss -- wish Apple offered same for AW.
    I usually get AC+ on products (from my Watch, iPhone, and now my Macs), but I don't think I'll go with the Theft & Loss option for my next iPhone since I've never once had it lost or stolen in over a decade.

PS: We're all familiar with the abbreviations AC and AC+, but this new version of AppleCare is listed as "AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss." How will we abbreviate that? AC++, AC+TL, AC+T&L, and ACwTL seem the most obvious, but my preference is AC++ since it's the fastest to type and should be obvious that it's an extra plus above AC+.
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 29 of 71
    Soli said:
    I usually get AC+ on products (from my Watch, iPhone, and now my Macs), but I don't think I'll go with the Theft & Loss option for my next iPhone since I've never once had it lost or stolen in over a decade.
    ...3 grandkids
    JFC_PA
  • Reply 30 of 71
    Am I getting confused here or does the series 4 watch no longer come with the option of a sapphire crystal front?
  • Reply 31 of 71
    Ya' know...

Remembering when they put a man on the moon back in the 1960's.  I worked for IBM at the time, and they bragged that they had reduced an IBM/360 to fit in a suitcase (triplexed) for use on the lunar lander...

I suspect that an AW has more than enough capability to do the job.
    edited September 2018 king editor the grate
  • Reply 32 of 71
    evilution said:
    Am I getting confused here or does the series 4 watch no longer come with the option of a sapphire crystal front?
    Last year they started using sapphire backs, instead of plastic, for the Sport models that included GPS+Cellular, and this year they've made all Watch models have a sapphire crystal back while all the front glass is "Ion-X Strengthened Glass."

edit: They do list "Sapphire Crystal Glass" for the SS models on their order page.
    edited September 2018 netmage
  • Reply 33 of 71
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,311member
    Ya' know...

Remembering when they put a man on the moon back in the 1960's.  I worked for IBM at the time, and they bragged that they had reduced an IBM/360 to fit in a suitcase (triplexed) for use on the lunar lander...

There was a rumor recently, might be hard to track it down again, that Apple had a team working on satellites. 

While I'm not one to go all pie in the sky, it does make some sense that Apple would be interested in this.
  • Reply 34 of 71
    tmay said:
    Ya' know...

There was a rumor recently, might be hard to track it down again, that Apple had a team working on satellites. 

While I'm not one to go all pie in the sky, it does make some sense that Apple would be interested in this.
  • Reply 35 of 71
    Soli said:
    evilution said:
    Last year they started using sapphire backs, instead of plastic, for the Sport models that included GPS+Cellular, and this year they've made all Watch models have a sapphire crystal back while all the front glass is "Ion-X Strengthened Glass."
    Not True. Stainless steel have sapphire crystal front if you look at the specs.
    patchythepiratenetmagedoozydozen
  • Reply 36 of 71
    Always intend to order right at 3:00am EST but keepin missing it. Ordered an hour later. Site was silky smooth. No hiccups at all. My white 256 XS Max should be here Sept 28th. 
  • Reply 37 of 71
    Soli said:
    evilution said:
    Not True. Stainless steel have sapphire crystal front if you look at the specs.
    I could've missed it but I'm not seeing it mentioned anywhere. Do you have a link?

edit: I was able to find it on their order page.

edited September 2018 netmagedoozydozen
  • Reply 38 of 71
    I ordered in the first few minutes after 3am ET, but missed the 21st.  My iPhone Xs Max 512 will be shipping Oct. 5th-12th.
  • Reply 39 of 71
    Soli said:
    NY1822 said:
    Is the Nike version coming a couple weeks after the regular Apple Watch? I assumed it was just sold out.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.macrumors.com/2018/09/13/apple-watch-series-4-nike-later-launch-date/amp/

In fine print, Apple announced that new Series 4 models of Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in limited quantities starting Friday, October 5, although Apple Watch Nike+ pre-orders still start tomorrow, September 14, like regular Series 4 models. 
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 40 of 71
    Ordered Watch Series 4 and got delivery time for early October.