Apple now accepting preorders of iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 [u]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 71
    Ordered from Verizon. 256GB Xs Max Space Grey. September 21st at the delivery date. Won’t be buying another iPhone for at least three years after this one. Good thing was I got my 7+ virtually free for the last two years with my $650 credit from Verizon and trading it in for $350. That helps a ton. 
  • Reply 42 of 71
    I preordered an iPhone Xs Max, space gray, 256, Verizon as soon as the store opened.  Managed to get September 21 delivery, and my credit card was  charged this morning.
    Soli
  • Reply 43 of 71
    Very interesting. 3 pages of comments here and I see most post are either for Watch series 4 or iPhone XS Max orders. Obviously this is a very small sample size but im guessing the Max and XR will both outsell the XS. If you have an X, not sure the XS is worth the upgrade. If you’re in the market for a XS could probably save quite a bit by buying a used X off the secondary market or from carriers that still have stock. 
    netmageracoleman29doozydozen
  • Reply 44 of 71
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    supadav03 said:
    Very interesting. 3 pages of comments here and I see most post are either for Watch series 4 or iPhone XS Max orders. Obviously this is a very small sample size but im guessing the Max and XR will both outsell the XS. If you have an X, not sure the XS is worth the upgrade. If you’re in the market for a XS could probably save quite a bit by buying a used X off the secondary market or from carriers that still have stock. 
    It'll be interesting to see the sales breakdown. The XR might be hard to factor in since it's not going on sale until late October, but I'm seeing a lot of interest in it.
  • Reply 45 of 71
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I ordered it at 3:6 Eastern time, as soon as the store updated. sept 28-Oct 2 expected. But often it’s a day early. Not bad. The black version of the SS model is now called Space Grey, and doesn’t look glossy. I really hope that doesn’t mean it’s no longer carbon/diamond coated. That’s a major feature, as it never seems to get scratched.
  • Reply 46 of 71
    Soli said:
    Really like the Apple iPhone Upgrade program, and AppleCare with Theft & Loss -- wish Apple offered same for AW.
    I usually get AC+ on products (from my Watch, iPhone, and now my Macs), but I don't think I'll go with the Theft & Loss option for my next iPhone since I've never once had it lost or stolen in over a decade.

PS: We're all familiar with the abbreviations AC and AC+, but this new version of AppleCare is listed as "AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss." How will we abbreviate that? AC++, AC+TL, AC+T&L, and ACwTL seem the most obvious, but my preference is AC++ since it's the fastest to type and should be obvious that it's an extra plus above AC+.
    I get it for the watch and phone. You can never tell. AC is now $79 for the series 4. I suppose it’s the more expensive components.
  • Reply 47 of 71
    I made Apple $1,249 richer this morning. I woke up at 0600 CDT as I do every day and managed to get an unlocked 256GB Space Gray Max for 9/21. Minutes later, they were delivering 9/28-10/5.

I guess I got "lucky" for once. I don't ever remember being able to get the phone I wanted on launch day for first delivery. By the time I wake up, deliveries are usually up to several weeks away so I just don't pre-order and tell myself that I'll buy when they're readily available in stores. By the time that happens, the newness and excitement has worn off and I usually skip that year's upgrade which is one reason I'm still on my 6S Plus.

I also plan to order a series 4 watch to replace my series 0 that was replaced out-of-warranty by Apple last year due to a swollen battery.

My MacBook Pro and iMac are four years old now and beginning to have problems. This is proving to be a very expensive year for me.
    rattlhed
  • Reply 48 of 71
    melgross said:
    I ordered it at 3:6 Eastern time, as soon as the store updated. sept 28-Oct 2 expected. But often it’s a day early. Not bad. The black version of the SS model is now called Space Grey, and doesn’t look glossy. I really hope that doesn’t mean it’s no longer carbon/diamond coated. That’s a major feature, as it never seems to get scratched.
    The AW4 SS is still Space Black and glossy.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 49 of 71
    netmage said:
    melgross said:
    The AW4 SS is still Space Black and glossy.
    It no longer looks glossy in the pic in the Apple Store app. I looked very carefully. I hope that photo was wrong. Maybe they mistakenly substituted the aluminum black one instead. When I get time, I’ll look again and see if it’s been replaced
  • Reply 50 of 71
    I awoke a coupla times but forgot about Series 4 until I took dogs out. Ordered GPS, 44mm Silver Aluminum Case with Seashell Sport Loop at 8 a.m. CDT; delivers Oct. 12-19.

But apparently the EKG app isn't done yet anyway; hopefully it doesn't pull an Airpower on us and go poof.
  • Reply 51 of 71
    I awoke a coupla times but forgot about Series 4 until I took dogs out. Ordered GPS, 44mm Silver Aluminum Case with Seashell Sport Loop at 8 a.m. CDT; delivers Oct. 12-19.

But apparently the EKG app isn't done yet anyway; hopefully it doesn't pull an Airpower on us and go poof.
    It won’t, it’s the tentpole feature. 
    king editor the grate
  • Reply 52 of 71
    The stainless steel AW4 was constrained minutes after launch, more constrained than the XS — it’s daylight now and i can still order a XS for day-one delivery.
  • Reply 53 of 71
    Drew.KocurDrew.Kocur Posts: 5unconfirmed, member
    I did the pre approval and made sure my credit card info was correct. Apple said I was all set. Logged in shortly after 3am EDT and went to check out. The first payment due immediately had incorrect credit card info, not the card that my current and future payment installments were to be charged to, and the one I verified during the pre-enrollment process. The card I wanted to use was setup in Apple Pay, but the app wouldn't let me access any of that info. I had to sneak across the house to my wallet and enter the card info manually in order to checkout. I got the phone I wanted but this sucked.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    Soli said:
    supadav03 said:
    It'll be interesting to see the sales breakdown. The XR might be hard to factor in since it's not going on sale until late October, but I'm seeing a lot of interest in it.
    I upgraded today to the XS Max from the X. Was going to upgrade my wife too, she’s got the 7S Plus but she decided she wanted to wait for the XR. Her two reasons were price and color options. She was partial to the coral & red colors. For her, the XR has plenty of bells and whistles and saves a lot of money over 2 years especially for the larger storage capacities. It’s $350 less when comparing the 128GB options on the XR and XS Max, which were the two models she was between. 
  • Reply 55 of 71
    supadav03 said:

I'm in that boat.  I have an X and don't have any desire to upgrade to the XS.  I'll take a look at the XS Max once they're in the stores, but for now I'm content with my 'old' phone.  First time I haven't upgraded since I've been an iPhone user (3GS days).  Updates are nice, but with the prices of these new phones it's not nearly the no-brainer as it used to be.

But the watch, all over that.  Got my order in last night about 12:15, and a nice Apple Buy Back on my old watch too.  Should be available next Friday at my local Apple store.  Shipping times are out to mid October now so I'm glad I stayed up late (but it wasn't easy).
    freshmakerdoozydozen
  • Reply 56 of 71
    supadav03 said:
    Yeah have an X here and love it, so not upgrading.  Only thing that stood out to me was the new F Stop editing feature.  I’m hoping that it’s an iOS 12 feature that will also be available on the X, but not sure.

Will definitely be buying the new Watch tho here in a month or two.  That thing looks gorgeous, and will be a nice upgrade over my s0 
  • Reply 57 of 71
    To people buying the new phones, please sell your older devices on Letgo,EBay or some other app. If you don’t want to ,give it to a family member. Don’t let the devices rot in storage, and even if you are keeping the older device with yourself , please keep 50% charge & keep it in a cool place(10-30 degree Celsius). 
    JFC_PA
  • Reply 58 of 71
    supadav03 said:
    I am most likely getting the 8,X or XS.
  • Reply 59 of 71
    Great.. reviewing my emails, looks like I ordered two Max's on my same telephone number.. *rolls eyes*

-12:06 ish pacific time, Apple Store app went online and I ordered my first phone (continuing my iPhone upgrade program) in like 15 seconds.
    -I then ordered my girlfriend an Apple Watch, then went to check orders, and the only order listed was for the Apple Watch. I had confirmation email for the Apple Watch, but not for the Max.
    -So, I spent almost 10 min redoing the entire iPhone buying process, including entering my card info, thankfully got the same phone for 9/21 delivery, got an email confirmation right away.
    -This am I see that 15 min after that, I finally got the email confirmation for my first purchase.

Annoying, but thankful I got my phone.
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 60 of 71
    Purduealum91Purduealum91 Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Hey everyone,

Was perusing AT&T's website and saw the following regarding AW S4 GPS+Cellular:

Apple Watch Series 4 requires AT&T NumberSync to access the AT&T cellular network. For SMS/MMS messaging, the synced iPhone must be on and connected to the AT&T network (via cellular or Wi-Fi connection; if using Wi-Fi connection, smartphone must have Wi-Fi calling activated)

Q: Does this not mean that if the phone is off, you will not be able to receive SMS/MMS via the watch?  I think this goes against what I have read elsewhere in this thread.

Tom